Ac Question

Since i have owned this car : 1998 Es300 with 135k , now 150k

i have had an issue with the ac. Whenever i use the ac , the AC light comes on..blinks..and continues to blink. I cannot get truely cold air. When i look into the hood i see a relay/cable unplugged and i think its for an AC component. The question is, do i risk anything by plugging in the relay/connector if its a failed part ? If its plugged in, can any part of the AC unit cause more damage to the vehicle if i attempt to use it?

Since i have owned this car : 1998 Es300 with 135k , now 150k

i have had an issue with the ac. Whenever i use the ac , the AC light comes on..blinks..and continues to blink. I cannot get truely cold air. When i look into the hood i see a relay/cable unplugged and i think its for an AC component. The question is, do i risk anything by plugging in the relay/connector if its a failed part ? If its plugged in, can any part of the AC unit cause more damage to the vehicle if i attempt to use it?

The connector might be that for the A/C compressor. Best if you could post a picture showing the location of the connector and the socket it is supposed to go into so that others can give you more specific advice.