Sc300 In An Accident!

Just 2 days ago coming around a long corner I changed lanes in order to get out of the way of another car, just as I turned the wheel I hit a bump instanly sending me across the road into the curb destroying the passenge-side rear wheel and most of whats attached to it. I dont know much about mechanical work on cars so Im lacking of the names of the parts.

......Well the wheel is dangling, bent, and sticking out of the car, and when I gave it gas to try to pull over more...no wheel spin at all. The axel is broken off from the wheel, the lower arm connecting to the bottom of the coilover is bent, the upper arm looks like it needs replacing too, theres a couple of other little arms that are broken but other than that, I dont know.

At First I saw all that goop and thought my coilover had busted (if that makes scense), but It looks alright, and straight.... Or at least I really hope so beacuse I just put them on less than a month ago!.....I guess I'm goin to a body shop, or my neighbor knows someone who could come to me, and possibly fix it at my house...and I guess hes real cheap.

THE WORST PART IS I hadnt been driving the vehicle for a while so I didnt have full coverage with my insurance, needless to say Im totally F***ed. I need to do this as cheap as possible! Im 20, in school and short on funds. I can get a loan to fix it as soon as possible, which is what I need to do.

I found the parts at a auto recycling lot...I know a quality body shop but its not the cheapest, he says without looking at it...It would be $380 for all the parts in that area including the brake line and stuff, not including the sub-frame because I think its ok....and then It would come to about $875 with installaion. I think Im probably going to go through with it unless this is somthing that can be done on my own, or if someone knows a place in the San Diego area that will do if for less, and wont half-!Removed! the work.

So is this somthing I could do with another person?

The pictures kinda suck

post-27639-1177018016_thumb.jpg

post-27639-1177020028_thumb.jpg

post-27639-1177020237_thumb.jpg

Just replace the axle and the control arm, that should be too bad. You can get the axle and control arm from a junkyard for about 100-200 bucks and -the labor isnt that bad. It would only take about 1-2 hours to replace if you do it yourself and have someone know what they are doing. I have really messed with the SC rear suspension but I suspect it would be too bad. I would help you, but right now I have a broken ankle. Well good luck with it, but yea... that definitely sucks.

lower arm difinitely looks bent, your sway bar link is bent, and the trailing arm mounting on the body side looks kinda broken also but that might be the pic.

i say if you can find a whole rear assembly with all the arms attatched from a junkyard or something change it all out.