Lexus Is Vs Saab 93

Hi Everyone,

Just registered today. No Lexus owner yet :blushing: , but more and more impressed/interested in the IS. I currently have a Saab 93SS (MY06) :whistles: , which has key features I am looking for:

- Great look

- Fun to drive

- Rare

- Comfortable, both for front and back seat passengers

- Good trunck volume (we have two young dudes, hence the need for space, though not at all interested in SUV and the likes)

I found these in the Saab, though I also found less nice features (rattles, finish not the finest).

We don't see loads of IS around here, which is a good point for me (lesser for Lexus I guess), but the more I see it on the road, in real (rarely, again), the more I find it looks awesome. :rolleyes:

But from the reviews and others, looks like the IS is not great in terms of either back seats space, nore trunk size. And what about the fun factor ?

Any one here to share some insights on the IS or even better, used to have a 93ss and can give his/her feeling about both cars ?

Thanks

The safety in a Saab is something to be experienced, as I did when I was driving alone and was rear ended on the fwy outside Brussels in Mom's '95. With a 30 mph speed differential, the impact felt like it was spread evenly down my spine, just a few ounces per inch. The Saab was totaled. Resale value on Saabs in Belgium is terrible, maybe worse now that it is a GM car. Lexus is a big step ahead in quality.

I feel the IS would do much beter on resale, just as well on safety, and close enough on trunk and interior space. Probably much better on gas mileage - important at almost $6 a gallon. If you are an expat recently assigned there, you will soon find out how big an IS or Saab is when you first go to park it somewhere.

it can be argued that the IS is the most fun to drive lexus yet. Its sporty and yet has an elegant luxury look and feel to it. It definately has a small trunk, and small backseat, but i imagine it to be similar to the saab since that is a semi compact car as well.