Navigation System Manufacturer /help

Well, I did the ultimate; I scratched my Navigation screen....

Lexus is no help what so ever, I unconditionally stated up front I would pay for the "core" exchange cost ($800) but they stated that damage to the screen was not covered under the core exchange (new/replacement cost $6300). Even called the Lexus line, same rhetoric, they are no help, in fact the local district manager flat out lied. She and the service manager at the dealership stated they looked at the damage and it could not be repaired, fact, they never saw the vehicle. Of course the story is much longer, just my highlights. Anyone know a Lexus VP to talk to? Never again will Lexus get my business, and I will ensure that everyone that is willing to listen hears.... enough of my rant/vent....

The question. Does anyone know for a fact who manufactures the Navigation head unit? I've been told Fujisu ten and Denso. I called Futjisu ten and they were able to look up the part number, by Lexus swears its Denso (emails out to them today). Anyone work for either of these folks or know someone who does that can help, would really appreciate it.

Lexus is no help what so ever, I unconditionally stated up front I would pay for the "core" exchange cost ($800) but they stated that damage to the screen was not covered under the core exchange (new/replacement cost $6300). Even called the Lexus line, same rhetoric, they are no help, in fact the local district manager flat out lied. She and the service manager at the dealership stated they looked at the damage and it could not be repaired, fact, they never saw the vehicle. Of course the story is much longer, just my highlights. Anyone know a Lexus VP to talk to? Never again will Lexus get my business, and I will ensure that everyone that is willing to listen hears.... enough of my rant/vent....

The question. Does anyone know for a fact who manufactures the Navigation head unit? I've been told Fujisu ten and Denso. I called Futjisu ten and they were able to look up the part number, by Lexus swears its Denso (emails out to them today). Anyone work for either of these folks or know someone who does that can help, would really appreciate it.

Denso, I am looking into aquiring a screen for you, I am out of town on vacation. I will do my best from my location. Hold tight.

[Denso, I am looking into aquiring a screen for you, I am out of town on vacation. I will do my best from my location. Hold tight.

Your a life saver!!! Greatly appreciate you help, let know any info you need.

Thanks so much

Scott

• 5 months later...
[Denso, I am looking into aquiring a screen for you, I am out of town on vacation. I will do my best from my location. Hold tight.

Thanks so much

Scott

I have the same problem. Did you have any luck finding the screen?

Thanks

Jun

Thanks so much

Scott

Thanks

Jun

Im have the screen/nav if you are still interested.

Thanks so much

Scott

Thanks

Jun

I found a new nav unit to replace the old. Does anyone have any tips for getting the original unit out? I didn’t see any visible screws or clips.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much

Scott

I have the same problem with a cracked screen and the dealer wanting $7,000 to replace it. Please help if anyone has any ideas where I can get a screen. I would appreciate any help thanks.

Thanks so much

Scott

I have the same problem with a cracked screen and the dealer wanting $7,000 to replace it. Please help if anyone has any ideas where I can get a screen. I would appreciate any help thanks.

I am currently looking into it. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
HEY FELLAS I HAVE THE SAME PROB ACCEPT I THREW MY KEYS AT THE NAVIGATION AND IT CRACKED MY REAR VIEW CAMERA WORKS BUT I CAN'T ACCESS THE MENU OR PRESS I AGREE. i REALLY APPRECIATE ANY ASSISTANCE.

I cracked my navigation screen just by entering an address. I pushed the "button" and the screen cracked. Now the touch screen doesn't work at all. I'm taking the car in Monday to have the manager approve replacing the navigation system. If he tells me I have to pay for it, he's going to have one very unhappy customer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Don't expect a quick answer from the service manager as he probably won't be the man making the final decision. He's going to have to go talk to Lexus, which may take some time. The problem is that the screen comes from a vendor, which will send a repaired unit for the dealer to install, but they won't take back the broken display because of the physical damage. Because of the physical damage, the replacement unit gets billed to Lexus as if it was a new unit which is quite considereable(about 6x the cost). If the unit had just stopped working (no physical damage), the warranty exchange pricing would be reasonable.

We had a similar situation awhile back. We had to get confirmation from Lexus that they would cover the full repair cost since the unit was physically damaged. Until that happened, the dealership wouldn't install the replacement unit.

Here's how the money thing works....

Dealer orders replacement unit....

Dealer installs replacement unit...

Vendor bills dealership for replacement unit (normal warranty cost)...

Dealers sends defective unit to vendor for repair...

Dealer submits warranty cost to Lexus...

Lexus reimburses dealership...

Vendor inspects and repairs unit....

here's where its get to be a problem,

vendors notes physical damage, rejects units, bills dealer for the cost of a new unit and dealer can't submit a new claim.

Don't expect a quick answer from the service manager as he probably won't be the man making the final decision. He's going to have to go talk to Lexus, which may take some time. The problem is that the screen comes from a vendor, which will send a repaired unit for the dealer to install, but they won't take back the broken display because of the physical damage. Because of the physical damage, the replacement unit gets billed to Lexus as if it was a new unit which is quite considereable(about 6x the cost). If the unit had just stopped working (no physical damage), the warranty exchange pricing would be reasonable.

We had a similar situation awhile back. We had to get confirmation from Lexus that they would cover the full repair cost since the unit was physically damaged. Until that happened, the dealership wouldn't install the replacement unit.

Here's how the money thing works....

Dealer orders replacement unit....

Dealer installs replacement unit...

Vendor bills dealership for replacement unit (normal warranty cost)...

Dealers sends defective unit to vendor for repair...

Dealer submits warranty cost to Lexus...

Lexus reimburses dealership...

Vendor inspects and repairs unit....

here's where its get to be a problem,

vendors notes physical damage, rejects units, bills dealer for the cost of a new unit and dealer can't submit a new claim.

Wow. Thanks for the warning. I am going to tell Lexus that the vendor's flimsy screen doesn't belong in a Lexus. A touch screen shouldn't crack under the pressure of one finger. It's a screen for a Mark Levinson system by the way. If they refuse to replace it, I will also tell Lexus where they can put their lease.

• 2 weeks later...

Please note my recent post - I have the complete unit available.