07 Is250 Just Got It Home Need To Lower It And Wheels Bad?

well just got my is250 home and its to high for me.

Im looking at the eibach springs and wondering if anyone has used them. with 1.4/1.0 rear drop should be good.

also looking at 19 inch wheels this set up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-LEXUS-GS...sspagenameZWDVW

tires would be 225 35 19 front and a 275 30 19 rear. Would that fit on this is250 car lowered?

currently i have a trailblazer ss which stomps my parents LS460 and i liked the lexus just wanted a good car to ride around in.

so does anyone have feedback on springs/tires for this car.

thanks

tony

ps- www.myspace.com/trailblazerss 0-60 in 4.2 0-100 in 9.2 538hp/587tq at wheels on pump gas 6.5 psi boost.

Im looking at the eibach springs and wondering if anyone has used them. with 1.4/1.0 rear drop should be good.

tires would be 225 35 19 front and a 275 30 19 rear. Would that fit on this is250 car lowered?

currently i have a trailblazer ss which stomps my parents LS460 and i liked the lexus just wanted a good car to ride around in.

thanks

tony

ps- www.myspace.com/trailblazerss 0-60 in 4.2 0-100 in 9.2 538hp/587tq at wheels on pump gas 6.5 psi boost.

I have the American Spec Eibach Pro Set on my IS250 RWD and 19" rims with 225 35 19 front and 275 30 19 rears. No rubbing at all and here she is:-

is250selmm1ck2.jpg

is250selmod1cb3.jpg

is250selmm3nc2.jpg

Wow, those wheels with those springs look almost PERFECT! Not too low. But just right! No space above the wheel. I'm guessing the handling is just about right too? Not too stiff?

BTW...NorcalSS....4.2? That is like crazy fast. Trailblazer SS huh? With a modded Vette engine? YIKES! Yeah, way faster than a LS460, but I must ask...can it parallel park itself? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! Looks good! I would like to do that to our car, but considering it's my wife's daily driver, I don't think she'll appreciate it too much. Maybe after she's had the car for more than a month (just picked it up on Monday (4/30))...

thanks

tony

I have the American Spec Eibach Pro Set on my IS250 RWD and 19" rims with 225 35 19 front and 275 30 19 rears. No rubbing at all and here she is:-

is250selmm1ck2.jpg

is250selmod1cb3.jpg

is250selmm3nc2.jpg

Is that Volk SF Winning set up you got there? What's the offset and detail specs of your rims?

VERY IMPRESSIVE! :o

Is that Volk SF Winning set up you got there? What's the offset and detail specs of your rims?

VERY IMPRESSIVE! :o

Thanks, and yes they are the Volks SF Winning from Ray's Wheels in Japan. The finish is gunmetal with polished rims.

Fronts are 19" x 8.5" with +38mm offset

Rears are 19" x 9.5" with +42mm offset

Rubber is Toyo Proxes T1-R's 225 35 19 front & 275 30 19 rear, but the fronts are under tired and need to be at least 235 35 19...may need a heat gun on the inner arch liner to give the clearance with the 235's though because it looks as if they will rub slightly on full lock.

Since the pics were taken I've fitted a Tanabe Medallion Touring 304 stainless steel cat-back system and together with the JoeZ intake and Blitz drop-in filter it seems to have gained a few bhp, but I'd hesitate to endorse the major horsepower gains claimed by either of the manufacturers :whistles:

post-23479-1178566197_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
How did you get around the wheel sensors or did you install new ones? I was looking at new rims but the sensors would cost an extra $400. Any info would help?

The European specs don't have the wheel sensors, so it wasn't a problem.

hey man, i think you have the only body kit that lexus offers for the IS, how much did it cost?

I have the complete OEM bodykit less the rear lower panel, plus the lip spoiler on the trunk. IMO the rear panel doesn't change the looks much and probably is the most troublesome to install...so max pain for min gain.

I bought most of the OEM kit from MY.IS ...the sides (not shown in the pic) were $379, the lip spoiler was $199 and the front air dam was $340. The complete OEM kit including the rear panel is available from the dealer for $1,182 (e.g. Sewell Lexus, Dallas), but the lip spoiler isn't part of the kit. Prices don't include fitting.

The reason I bought separate units was because I could only carry one box per trip on my flights back to the UK :lol: