My New Wheels

I just installed them today!! Too bad the sun wasnt really out. But I think I still managed to get the message across. I personally wish I had gone to the 18s but the offset wasnt made in that size, and 19s were too big for the road conditions I have to put up with, they wouldnt be practical for my use. Tell me what you think!

over.jpg

DSC_010613copy.jpg

TSW 17x8 wrapped in 225/45 Toyo Proxes 4. So far they hug really nice, compared to my winters.

My First Post

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with the rim choice. 17's are too small for the IS second the design is horrid and very bland (boring IMO). The car was truley engineered on 18's for maximum performance the Actual Engineer size is Front: 225 40-45 18 Rear 235 40-45 18. TESTED

If you really wanted 18's you would have looked around a bit more. There's plenty of choices to match the offset of the IS plus who said 19's are bad for rough road's, I sell plenty of 19's to customers who live in the city and never had any problems. It all depends on the tire choice and profile.

18's or 19's 40-45 profile staggered with tires for under $2000.00

I always tell people who are looking to buy wheels for the first time, "be patient and make sure you get what your looking for no matter what no excuses, because once their on it's done"

These are somewhat of a design I'm going for on my Is250.

estoril_black_reg_pop_white.jpg

thruxton_black_reg_pop_white.jpg

laguna_silver_reg_pop_white.jpg

Thanks for the feed back. I was extremely patient with my wheels. Was looking at BBS, too much, BBS look a likes, waited for another car to have them installed, did not like them, then black 5 spokes...the list continues. I saw these in the show room and asked about some 19s, they'd have to be specially ordered because they do not stock them, which would be 3-4 weeks for delivery. So i decided to asked around here how owners like 19s and they said that with Canadian roads it is tougher to maintain. I take it you are unfamiliar with the physics of frost heave down where you live, but if you combine that with plows, something else you are probably not familiar with, then you would not understand why I opted for a smaller rim. Practicality over bling wins on my ride.

Welcome to the board.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the feed back. I was extremely patient with my wheels. Was looking at BBS, too much, BBS look a likes, waited for another car to have them installed, did not like them, then black 5 spokes...the list continues. I saw these in the show room and asked about some 19s, they'd have to be specially ordered because they do not stock them, which would be 3-4 weeks for delivery. So i decided to asked around here how owners like 19s and they said that with Canadian roads it is tougher to maintain. I take it you are unfamiliar with the physics of frost heave down where you live, but if you combine that with plows, something else you are probably not familiar with, then you would not understand why I opted for a smaller rim. Practicality over bling wins on my ride.

Welcome to the board.

Is there anyway to put new rims and tires on without the sensors? I was looking at the Sterns ST-1 Beast. I have an Is250 AWD so I think 18x8.5 with a 42 offset would be a nice choice?