100k Maitenance

lexdog

Hello all, Im about hit 100K on my 02 RX300 Ive also been experiencing a small loss in power. Called a toyota dealer and they want 1200.00 for 100k service. :blink: Im sure the Lexus dealer wants more :censored: I know I drive a lexus but 1200.00 is way outside of my budget wanted to try a quick fix like sea foam until I can get the money for 100k service.

I read you suppose to pour some the seafoam in a container and have the vacuum line suck it up does anybody know or have a pic of the vacuum line ???

Check out the ES LS forums. C

Hello all, Im about hit 100K on my 02 RX300 Ive also been experiencing a small loss in power. Called a toyota dealer and they want 1200.00 for 100k service. :blink: Im sure the Lexus dealer wants more :censored: I know I drive a lexus but 1200.00 is way outside of my budget wanted to try a quick fix like sea foam until I can get the money for 100k service.

I read you suppose to pour some the seafoam in a container and have the vacuum line suck it up does anybody know or have a pic of the vacuum line ???

I've also been considering a Seafoam through the booster treatment. My only hesitation is that I recently had the plugs changed (at great expense thanks to the rear plugs crappy access). I heard there is a possibility of fouling the plugs after all that crap Seafoam breaks up and flows through the chambers. Should I worry about that?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you are reading the results from usage of Seafoam in the ES forum, you've got to remember the earlier ES engine has a slight problem with sludging (I've got one). I cleaned my ICV a while back and was appaled at how much goop is in the intake plenum and butterfly assembly. Running Seafoam through that engine will pull all that crud through the combustion chamber. I don't think the RX has this problem and is probably much cleaner on the internals, so running Seafoam probabably won't compromise your plugs.

PS, nice to see someone from Abq on here... and that's coming from a UNM grad... go Lobos!