Removal Of Plastic Trim Around Navagation Screen

I have a silly little "plastic squeak" around my Navagtion screen....you know one of those that comes and goes. I want to clean around and tighten down (if possible) anything that may be causing the noise. :(

Therefore, I would like to attempt to remove the plasic bezel around the Nav screen.....does anybody know or have links to repair guides or has the knowledge to do so? I do not want to pull on the finely fitted parts! :)

2002 LS430 Ultra Pkg.

I have a silly little "plastic squeak" around my Navagtion screen....you know one of those that comes and goes. I want to clean around and tighten down (if possible) anything that may be causing the noise. :(

Therefore, I would like to attempt to remove the plasic bezel around the Nav screen.....does anybody know or have links to repair guides or has the knowledge to do so? I do not want to pull on the finely fitted parts! :)

2002 LS430 Ultra Pkg.

Unfortunately to remove the Nav screen you will have to remove the radio below it and the wood pieces below that.

You can use a pry bar (or a bracket covered with tape) to remove the lowermost piece; and then work your way upward. Click on this link to get my docs for my bluetooth install which will show you how to remove the wood trim.

After you remove the wood pieces there are 2 10mm hex nuts that hold in the stereo and CD player; and 2 more that hold the nav screen and vents; I believe the plastic piece and the screen come out as a unit.

I am starting to hear a squeak (sounds more like a crack) that I can't determine where it's coming from. There are also a bunch of rubber seals and gaskets that just may have to be lubricated; let us know if this cures the problem!

• 2 weeks later...

2002 LS430 Ultra Pkg.

Unfortunately to remove the Nav screen you will have to remove the radio below it and the wood pieces below that.

You can use a pry bar (or a bracket covered with tape) to remove the lowermost piece; and then work your way upward. Click on this link to get my docs for my bluetooth install which will show you how to remove the wood trim.

After you remove the wood pieces there are 2 10mm hex nuts that hold in the stereo and CD player; and 2 more that hold the nav screen and vents; I believe the plastic piece and the screen come out as a unit.

I am starting to hear a squeak (sounds more like a crack) that I can't determine where it's coming from. There are also a bunch of rubber seals and gaskets that just may have to be lubricated; let us know if this cures the problem!