Cd Changer Problems

• 4 weeks later...
The 6 CD changer wouldn't always eject CDs so the dealer replaced it. The new one worked a couple times, now we can't load CDs. These are factory discs with or without printed labels.

I have had problems as well. Our CD player just stops working for no reason....then, all of a sudden, days ar weeks later it starts working. Lexus has replaced it twice ( or they said they did ) and it is now happening again, so...they will replace it again. They said it was NOT an ongoing issue...but I'm not so sure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
My 07' RX350 CD player also went on the blink and wouldn't eject the CD's, dealer had to order a new one, one week later it was replaced and after one month later its still working.

I have a 2007 GX 350 with 5000 miles. The 6 CD changer just stopped working and won't eject the one CD (a book on CD from the library) that is loaded. Upon hitting the eject button, the changer switches to FM mode. Obviously I cannot load other CDs into the unit at this time. Headed to the dealer this week and will report back to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
golfertony, I would say I have the same problem as you're having. The changer switches to FM mode when I try to eject the stuck CD. Please let the group know what you find out from the dealer. Thank you.

Dealer replaced the cd changer and today the new one exhibited the same symptoms. Dealer says that certain "burned" cds, like those from the library, are thicker and foul up the unit. Dealer says the system cannot handle "burned" cds. I asked why the unit says "WMA and MP3" right on the front of it if it cannot handle "burned" cds and the dealer had no response. At any rate, I expect that the dealer will replace the unit again - undoubtedly with the same brand and model.

This is inexcusable for a $50,000 car.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 RX 350 that has 6500 miles on it. The CD player quit playing and indicated an error 3 code. The 6 (from the store) CD's would not eject. The dealer replaced the unit in June of 07 and it had gone bad again as of Sept. 07. It is reading the same error 3 code and will not eject the CD (store bought). We live 200 miles from the nearest dealer, so I asked if this was a problem that we would have to deal with every three months. They said that they had not seen this problem, unless burned CD's were being used. Has anyone else had similar problems?

• 3 weeks later...
I have had 6 discs loaded into my 08 RX 350 for a while now with no issues. The CDs are a mix of store bought and home 'burned'.. So far, no problems as described above <fingers crossed>

About a week ago, the cd that wouldn't eject, ejected on its own. The player is now working.

My RX350 is 10 mos. old and I've already had to have the CD changer replaced by the dealer as well for the same reason, couldn't eject my CDs and it kept switching to the FM radio mode. The replacement CD changer sporadically goes out. I'm just waiting for it to go out again and will ask the dealer for an upgrade.