Do I Have A Dvd Player?

valeman

Hi,

In reading through the manual, it appears that the Nav unit supports DVD playing capabilities (i.e. I dont see the customary, "If your car supports it" disclaimer. However I've had no luck in getting to play it (I see the "Check 1XX" message). The manual indicates that all DVDs with the "DVD Video" should play, but I've had no luck with the DVDs I tried. Would like to hear from others who've been able to.

Question: Is the DVD an optional item or is it part of my Nav (I have the package one below the ultra package).

Thanks in advance.

only if it has the Mark Levinson audio, which on an ES would be the Ultra Lux pkg.

Not neccessarily. He can have M&L surround system but with no DVD capability. If your audio system clearly says i.e. when you turn on your audio by oushing the knob, it clearly says DVD changer...and it's ON! Moreover, if you have or see a DVD slogan on the right side, right abve where you insert the disc, it should be there. I heard but never seen any ES 350 that has Nav screen, but no DVD. I'm sure you would have it. Let us know though...

Atif aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way from Saudi Arabia

post-36828-1174195322_thumb.jpg

Hi,

In reading through the manual, it appears that the Nav unit supports DVD playing capabilities (i.e. I dont see the customary, "If your car supports it" disclaimer. However I've had no luck in getting to play it (I see the "Check 1XX" message). The manual indicates that all DVDs with the "DVD Video" should play, but I've had no luck with the DVDs I tried. Would like to hear from others who've been able to.

Question: Is the DVD an optional item or is it part of my Nav (I have the package one below the ultra package).

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you set the parking brake in order to get the video to play. The dvd audio will play without the parking brake set. There is a way to bypass the parking brake and speed sensor- its in a previous post somewhere. Good luck.

I have had no luck getting either the audio or video to play. I have tried several dvds to no avail. I dont think we have the capability.

I have had no luck getting either the audio or video to play. I have tried several dvds to no avail. I dont think we have the capability.

Do you have the Mark Levinson sound system in your car? If you don't, then you can't play Video DVD's.

Do you have the Mark Levinson sound system in your car? If you don't, then you can't play Video DVD's.

1. DO YOU HAVE A DVD SLOGAN ON YOUR STEREO SYSTEM?????

2. WHEN YOU PUSH THE KNOB TO TURN ON YOUR AUDIO SYSTEM DOES IT SAYS DVD CHANGER???

3. SEND US THE PICTURE OF YOUR CONSOLE

4. CHECK OUR THE PICTURE I POSTED BEFORE IN MY REPLY. DO THEY MATCH???

IF ALL ABOVE IS NO, THEN YEA! MIGHT AS WELL GET A HOME THEATRE :-)

1. DO YOU HAVE A DVD SLOGAN ON YOUR STEREO SYSTEM?????

2. WHEN YOU PUSH THE KNOB TO TURN ON YOUR AUDIO SYSTEM DOES IT SAYS DVD CHANGER???

3. SEND US THE PICTURE OF YOUR CONSOLE

4. CHECK OUR THE PICTURE I POSTED BEFORE IN MY REPLY. DO THEY MATCH???

IF ALL ABOVE IS NO, THEN YEA! MIGHT AS WELL GET A HOME THEATRE :-)

No - I dont have a DVD slogan or the Mark Levinson system. It appears from the posts and the pics that I dont have the system. Thanks all for your timely and detailed responses. ;)