Energy Screen

Oops. forgot to mention 2007 RX400h in the title.

I checked my energy screen today (since I have no meaningful life) and noticed for the first time that the drive battery indicator dropped to purple (bottom two lines). I don't watch this display as often now that I've had the car for a few months, but have not seen it this low before. It took several miles of city driving with the gas engine running to bring it up into the blue region. Has anyone else experienced same?

Tom

i had a prius enterprise car one time. I had to drive from San Francisco to Los Angelos. Since it was all freeway driving, byt the time i got to the outskirts of LA, there were no bars left. lol. it should happen sometimes since it doenst have time to recharge. everything is normal

i have no life either. :D

Oops. forgot to mention 2007 RX400h in the title.

I checked my energy screen today (since I have no meaningful life) and noticed for the first time that the drive battery indicator dropped to purple (bottom two lines). I don't watch this display as often now that I've had the car for a few months, but have not seen it this low before. It took several miles of city driving with the gas engine running to bring it up into the blue region. Has anyone else experienced same?

Tom

THIS is the MOST important screen for anal mileage drivers :D as this is how you can obseve that you are driving with NEITHER the ICE nor batteries being used ... and thus obtaining highest mileage. On a serious note though, you'll find that if you'e merely sitting in traffic on a hot day w/ the AC running, the batteries will run down to the low point, forcing the ICE to come back on to recharge.