Check Engine Light

jvm

I have a 2002 RX300 and the check engine, VSC, and Trac lights just all came on. This occurred 2 weeks ago, so I brought the SUV in to a repair shop and was advised that the gas cap had not been seated properly. The SUV was fine for a couple of weeks and about 3 gas station fill-ups, but it occurred again this week while driving home. I removed and reseated the gas cap three separate times, but I still can not get the lights to go off. I am open to any ideas or past experiences folks have had with this. Thanks. jvm

I have a 2002 RX300 and the check engine, VSC, and Trac lights just all came on. This occurred 2 weeks ago, so I brought the SUV in to a repair shop and was advised that the gas cap had not been seated properly. The SUV was fine for a couple of weeks and about 3 gas station fill-ups, but it occurred again this week while driving home. I removed and reseated the gas cap three separate times, but I still can not get the lights to go off. I am open to any ideas or past experiences folks have had with this. Thanks. jvm

Strange!! Same thing happened while my wife was driving back home yesterday. I took the car (RX300) to my expert mechanic and he said it was probably the gas cap. Lights did not turn on again after he re-did the gas cap. But from your experience we should wait and see if they reappear. Lately the car was hit from the back and the exhaust, emmission system vapor canister, radiator, battery etc were replaced,and it is now almost 6 weeks since we got the car back from the workshop. Can this be related to this accident or because some parts were not installed properly. Any thoughts as what to do if the lights reappear will be very helpful. JVM, please keep us informed as what was diagnosed in your case. Thanks.

The same happened to my is300....I had to have replacements to solonoids in the exhaust system.

M.