Anyone Using Newer Tmobile Phones With 2006 Bluetooth?

As the subject says, is anyone using newer tmobile phones such as the samsung trace or sidekick 3 with the 2006 rx400h bluetooth and how do they work?

I read on lexus site that aside from the motorola phones, most of the phones have next to no functionality. Can't hear ringing, can't see signal strength. Frankly, I think Lexus majorly botched the job on this car and really should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

As the subject says, is anyone using newer tmobile phones such as the samsung trace or sidekick 3 with the 2006 rx400h bluetooth and how do they work?

I read on lexus site that aside from the motorola phones, most of the phones have next to no functionality. Can't hear ringing, can't see signal strength. Frankly, I think Lexus majorly botched the job on this car and really should fix it.

I picked up my 2007 IS350, a week ago. At that time i had the Treo 700wx with Sprint. This phone would pair but that's it. And once you walked out of range it would not reconect. This phone sync's with my work Exchange account and had about 150 contacts in it that i really wanted to load into the car's phone book. But this was just not happening with the Treo. After looking through the bluetooth phone list on Lexus's website i settled on the Blackberry pearl with T-Mobile. 10 minutes after pairing it with the car the complete address book was bluetooth transferred to the car. It reconnects without issue and all in all works quite well. The biggest complaint i have is that most people report that they can barely hear me although i can hear them just fine. I have a call into the dealership to see if it is possible to up the gain on the microphone.

-Mike

I picked up my 2007 IS350, a week ago. At that time i had the Treo 700wx with Sprint. This phone would pair but that's it. And once you walked out of range it would not reconect. This phone sync's with my work Exchange account and had about 150 contacts in it that i really wanted to load into the car's phone book. But this was just not happening with the Treo. After looking through the bluetooth phone list on Lexus's website i settled on the Blackberry pearl with T-Mobile. 10 minutes after pairing it with the car the complete address book was bluetooth transferred to the car. It reconnects without issue and all in all works quite well. The biggest complaint i have is that most people report that they can barely hear me although i can hear them just fine. I have a call into the dealership to see if it is possible to up the gain on the microphone.

-Mike

They can adjust up. We've done it, but would recommend not to max it out as it would probably result in echoing.