Shaved Emblems

I could easily enough Photoshop some images of my car to see what it would look like without emblems. But I'm just wondering if anyone here has shaved them. Are they attached with adhesive only, or adhesive and pin-holes?

Also - if you've done this, did you leave the Lexus "L", or shave it too?

I'm also interested in knowing people's thoughts on shaved emblems all-together - for or against. I think the right car can be nicely enhanced by the 'semi-stealth' look shaving adds (late model Audi A4's, A6's & A8's; last generation Mazda RX7's; etc.) But not all cars benefit from it.

My opinion is this is the one cosmetic enhancement that can never be considered 'rice' - because it's not adding anything to the car, just removing visual clutter. Kind of like gettting rid of those irritating Dealer Name license plate frames that most people don't care enough to ditch.

Give me your feedback.

They are on both adhesive and pinholes. To unscrew them u have to do it by taking off trunk lid liner and some how reaching into all holes and unscrewing them. As far as looks i would get rid of the one on the back that says "Lexus" and leave the rest and maybe "sc400" part. So just leave the Lexus logo. Up to you of course. Also try to get an estimate from a body shop. Might just be easier to pay them to do it. I do agree with you. It does make the car seems cleaner and stealthier. I would do it.