Weird Idle

Al.

I agree with you, but it is a preventative maintenance item and the car has 91K miles on the ODO so I just do it and see what happens.

It may work or may not at least I do not have to say what if .

Thanks

Al.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my car back from the dealer for the low idle issue. They replaced the throttle body (luckily under warranty). When I picked it up, it still had the same issue. Low idle at 400 RPM unless the lights or A/C was on. Upset that they released it to me without confirming it was fixed, I returned it to them and firmly asked that they resolve the issue. 2 days later (and a ES350 loaner :rolleyes: ), they said the contacted a Lexus engineer and found that the ECM had to be reprogrammed for the new throttle body. There was no TSB on it and that's why it took so long to diagnose.

Well, needless to say it worked! The idle remains at 700 RPM no matter what the condition is. Throttle response is also MUCH better. I'm a happy camper as it now runs perfectly! I imagine a through cleaning of the TB will work, but the reprogramming was the key in my case.

Cheers!

• Like 1