Getting A Gs450h Tomorrow: Tire Questions -- Help!

Argelius

I've read and read many posts about winter tires and runflats but I remain really clueless. (I know NOTHING about tires -- always just kept whatever the factor tires are).

I am picking up my new 2007 GS450h tomorrow :wiggle:

which comes with all-season runflats.

I currently have a BMW330xi with runflats which I have found to be loud and rough (I think) -- not sure how much is due to the runflats and how much is just characteristic of the BMW "road feel".

Anyway, my concerns with the GSh's run flats are:

[1] How loud/rough they will be. (Hard to really tell from just a couple of test drives). I am looking forward to a more smooth and quiet ride than I had (which I am sure Lexus will deliver with or without runflats).

[2] What my winter performance will be. I know in the ideal world I could buy a second set of wheels and tires for winter (Lexus dealership will store and mount them free of charge), but that just seems like a hassle anyway.

I'm a car nut, but I know NOTHING about tires. :dunno:

If I wanted to get a good set of (non-runflat) all-season tires, any idea if I could get the dealer to credit me something for the brand-new runflats?

I know I should probably just take the car with the runflats and see how they work for me, but I really want to maximize my "thrill" with this new car immediately. Seems like the only downside to no run-flats is getting a flat tire and having to change it...

Thanks for helping with what I know had been talked-to-death...

does the GS with runflats have a spare in the back? they probably didnt include one...and it would make the car heavier thus reducing fuel economy. i wouldnt worry about them being too loud, but they will be a harsh ride.

EDIT:i just checked the lexus website and apparently the runflats are optional...you can get regular all seasons. So yes, that means they probably can switch out the tires. they are the same tire size as the GS430.

If you didnt want the runflats, why does your car come with it. they are an extra 400 dollars or 480 with the spare.

does the GS with runflats have a spare in the back? they probably didnt include one...and it would make the car heavier thus reducing fuel economy. i wouldnt worry about them being too loud, but they will be a harsh ride.

EDIT:i just checked the lexus website and apparently the runflats are optional...you can get regular all seasons. So yes, that means they probably can switch out the tires. they are the same tire size as the GS430.

If you didnt want the runflats, why does your car come with it. they are an extra 400 dollars or 480 with the spare.

Thanks. It's just the way the car from the showroom came equipped from the factory...