Nav Dvd Drive

taycon

Does anyone know whether the DVD drive for the Sat Nav is dual layer?

Over here in Australia, we have just had Ver 13 released, but it has so much data on it that the DVD is dual layer and my drive wont read it - over 5 Gb of data

The background to the story is a friend bought the latest DVD for his Toyota Prius and I wanted to try it in my vehicle (2004 RX330), so we copied the DVD.

Problem could be: 1. wrong format (Lexus v Toyota), 2 bad copy, 3 my drive not dual layer, 4 some form of copy protection.

Lexus tell me it should work!

Does anyone know whether the DVD drive for the Sat Nav is dual layer?

Over here in Australia, we have just had Ver 13 released, but it has so much data on it that the DVD is dual layer and my drive wont read it - over 5 Gb of data

The background to the story is a friend bought the latest DVD for his Toyota Prius and I wanted to try it in my vehicle (2004 RX330), so we copied the DVD.

Problem could be: 1. wrong format (Lexus v Toyota), 2 bad copy, 3 my drive not dual layer, 4 some form of copy protection.

Lexus tell me it should work!

The the nav DVD is dual layer, should not be copy-protected, and is the same for Toyota and Lexus. The nav DVD in a Lexus vehicle should say Toyota on it actually. The only thing you cant do is mix different generations of nav DVDs.

My 2004 RX330 has a gen 2 while my sister's 2005 RX330 has a gen 3 so its not like we can both buy the latest update and make a copy on my PC with a dual layer burner (although for the sake of this forum I have to note that doing so would be illegal anyway...)

Hope this helps.

[make a copy on my PC with a dual layer burner (although for the sake of this forum I have to note that doing so would be illegal anyway...)

Hope this helps.

I have to also note that it would be illegal for me to buy a copied disc from you. Not that I'm saying....... I'm just saying :-).

Andy

[make a copy on my PC with a dual layer burner (although for the sake of this forum I have to note that doing so would be illegal anyway...)

Hope this helps.

I have to also note that it would be illegal for me to buy a copied disc from you. Not that I'm saying....... I'm just saying :-).

Andy

Yes... hehe.

I was "severely" chastised on another forum for asking about getting a copied nav DVD so I am now on the righteous straight and narrow path. Thanks for keeping us all in line :-)