Unannounced Change To Is Models?

I just bought a new IS250. A good deal, the MSRP was around $38K and I got a good discount.

The problem:

I test drove one about a month ago and loved it; the base suspension package was perfect - great handling but not too firm a ride. I bought one Saturday, 2/24 without the sport package (it was on the lot). After driving it around a little, after I bought it, I noticed that it rode very firm, too firm for a std. suspension as I remembered it. Also, the steering was far more sharper and sensitive than the original IS I drove. I looked at the Lexus.com site and noticed that you can't even order a IS model with the sports suspension anymore. That was a real shock.

I think they have either made the sports suspension standard or just firmed up the ride on all new IS models. If you are ordering an IS you had better expect the base suspension ride to be much firmer than it used to be. If that's what you want, that's fine. In my case I guess I'd better get used to it.

Any comments?

my first comment is that you have to post in a sub forum and not this outer one, but a mod will move it. but its your first post, so you will not suffer the dire consequences :P

are you sure its firmed up? could be your imagination...

by lexus not allowing a IS with sports suspension, do you mean the X package? becuase i see that as an option.

if the one you tested as an 07 and the one you bought was an 07, it could not possibly have been changed. THey dont just stop production in the middle of the year and decide to add sport suspension on all vehicles. it would be years before another modification.

as your the stiff ride, it might be the tires. Dealers usually over inflate the tire pressure so check that out.

hope this helps and welcome to the club :D