94 Ls Heater Vents Problem No Air Flow

kenaty

Hi everyone, my 94 LS got this problem these days, it's been cold, -20C sometime here, last month, start the engine as normal, after few min, Heater starts to work, (engin go down to around 500rpm.)

i see the climate control display air from upper level, and it's on HI. TEMP display 25C. however, there is no air comming out of the Vents in any directions. but, i still can feel the heater is working, there is little bit warm air comming out of the vents.

that day, i drove to work with window opened and no heater, when is -25c out there!

ok, then i drove the car to my mechanic, around 30 min drive. ok, when he sit in my car and start the heater again, everything works................ (i shut down the heater since dont wanna damage anything inside on my way to the shop). and he think i'm playing around with him. wth......

ok, then everything back to work after that, till today, same problem. no air flow comming out of the vents when everything displayed normal.

also recently, my climate control seens not working well, set the temp to 24c, sometime really warm sometime cold, temp seen not consistent.

please, if anyone have the same problem b4? please share some tips, or what do you think the problem is?

million thanks in advance.

Hello: You seem to have a bad blower fan motor. When the system does not put air tap the blower fan, if it starts to work, there you have it. Get a Toyota replacement or a any other replacement that will not set you back too much money, make sure the plugs are the same. If it were not that you may have a blown heat fuse in the solenoid that control the fan speed, that can be bought in Radio Shack for a couple of dollars if you skilled enough to solder it were the old one was. Any air condioner shop can fix your problem for probably less than a hundred buck.

CPR

Hi everyone, my 94 LS got this problem these days, it's been cold, -20C sometime here, last month, start the engine as normal, after few min, Heater starts to work, (engin go down to around 500rpm.)

i see the climate control display air from upper level, and it's on HI. TEMP display 25C. however, there is no air comming out of the Vents in any directions. but, i still can feel the heater is working, there is little bit warm air comming out of the vents.

that day, i drove to work with window opened and no heater, when is -25c out there!

ok, then i drove the car to my mechanic, around 30 min drive. ok, when he sit in my car and start the heater again, everything works................ (i shut down the heater since dont wanna damage anything inside on my way to the shop). and he think i'm playing around with him. wth......

ok, then everything back to work after that, till today, same problem. no air flow comming out of the vents when everything displayed normal.

also recently, my climate control seens not working well, set the temp to 24c, sometime really warm sometime cold, temp seen not consistent.

please, if anyone have the same problem b4? please share some tips, or what do you think the problem is?

million thanks in advance.

It's probably the fan motor, especially if the fan

speed light comes on.

I had the same issue a while back - it was erratic;

sometimes the fan worked, sometimes not. One

time when it wasn't working I rolled over a storm

drain and it started working.

I found the sweet spot after a few 'educated' smacks -

below the glove box about 4 inches in from the console.

That got me by until I could get the fan replaced.

I looked at replacing it myself, but I travel on business,

own three properties, two collector cars I work on for

fun ('69 Chevy PU and '40 Chevy street rod). And a

bipolar wife. Almost no time to work on this myself.

It was painful, but I got a local radiator shop to

replace the fan for me.

I looked at replacing it myself, but I travel on business,

own three properties, two collector cars I work on for

fun ('69 Chevy PU and '40 Chevy street rod). And a

bipolar wife. Almost no time to work on this myself.

It was painful, but I got a local radiator shop to

replace the fan for me.

I have my own beautiful, blushing bride of nearly 22 years that requires special handling... especially when I spend too much time wrenching in the driveway/garage as my escape. My latest Stealth has just about got me moved into the doghouse. ;)

My auto relationship seems to be a mirror image. I absolutely love those Mitsu 3000GT/Stealths, but high maintenance and frustration is the rule rather than exception. :chairshot:

thank you cardona6569,Paul Sherman

yes, you guys are right, it's the motor. also the cable that connect to the value which controls how much heat and cold air should come into the system is broken. that cause the incar temp is not consistence.

today, once i trun on the ac, theres no heat comming out, then switch to passenger side, 1 middium kick start it up...... however, yesterday, only a light kick did the job.... too bad.....

i have order the motor from the dealer, CAN$230 before tax. other supplier are the same price.. will install tomorrow, i will post update see how it goes. just incase others might find this helpful.