Cpo Cars With Body Work

LexKid630

I was at the lexus dealer today and was amazed by how much body work their CPO cars had. I counted a total of 18 cars, only 4 of which didn't seem to have any body work! One car seemed to have been totally re-painted!

I could tell the cars that had been repainted because most of them were done very poorly (masked off very poorly), and the little specks of dust and lint under the clearcoat being very visable...not to mention the color difference!

Didn't i read somewhere how CPO cars can't have more than 3 panels repainted? There was a 2001 rx300 that was TOTALLY re-painted. A poor job too...

I just feel bad for all the noobs who buy these cars thinking everything their CARFAX report says is all true. And i doubt any of these cars' buyers will notice the body work :(

Anyone have any thoughts/experience on the subject?

I believe its two panels and the bumpers don't count or something like that. Its common for dealers to repaint the bumpers on CPO cars.

Wow thats realy strange. Unfortunately like everything else the CPO is controlled by the dealers not Lexus corporate.