Buying From One Dealer And Getting Service At A Different On:is This A

Argelius

Can anyone comment on the scenario of buying from one dealer but getting your Lexus serviced elsewhere?

My situation: I have my eye on a 2007 GS 450h with 3000 miles at a dealer that is inconvenient geographically. Given the rarity of this car (a barely used 2007 450h), it's hard to pass up. However, there's no way I can realistically get my car serviced at this dealer.

What are the implications of getting my car serviced elsewhere? I realize I probably wont get the free car washes (which I really don't care about), but does Lexus, Inc mandate loaner availablitliy for all Lexus owners, or would I be put in the back of the line for these sorts of things?

(Admittedly I understand this will vary from dealer to dealer -- just curious if Lexus as a brand dictates these things).

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

You can go to any dealer to get your car serviced, they don't care where it came from. They'll most likely be greatful that you're spending your money at their location. Also warranties on your lexus are honored at any lexus dealership so you shouldn't have to worry about that either. Ultimately it may be up to your dealer but I've never had a single problem with loaners or service from any lexus dealership, those privaleges come with ownership.