Lexus ES300 NEO35 Jukebox Install

Tom_ES300

I am almost done with the install. The NEO35 is a harddrive based mp3 player with RCA Lineouts & a RF modulator. See the Best Buy ad in yesterdays paper - $400 for the 20 GB model. http://www.ssiamerica.com/products/neo35/index.shtml

neo35-remote-connected_larg.jpg

I put the main box in the trunk. Ran the 12VDC line, Line level cable and wired remote cable in the cable track under the passenger side sills. I removed the ashtray and replaced it with the wired remote on a black, blank panel custom cut (I only lost 2 fingers doing it!). I used the ashtray mounting frame.

Notes:

1- to remove the ashtray, first remove the shifter deck cover. It just pops up & off. Also take off the 1/2 inch filler strip above the ashtray - pops off.

2- Get the shift lever out of the way, move it to low gear.

--- put on the parking break

--- keep the key out of the ignition; you should not have the power on when mucking about inside the dash.

--- See that 1/2 inch square plastic "button" just above the P at the shifter? It's a cover like a battery cover on a toy. Slide it forward and out. Now see a white button underneath? Press it down and slide the shifter out of park - without a key.

3- While you've got the shifter deck off, look at the aft end of the metal frame work. It's a mounting slot for something; smaller than 1 DIN. We should be able to put something in there!

Tom

• 7 months later...