2006 Rx330 High Idle Problem

Suburbazine

Hi all, newbie (to Lexus) here.

I'm having some sort of high idle problem, about 2000rpms, especially after a cold start. It makes the car a bit unmanageable shifting in and out of gear. When shifting into gear, it seems to shock the drivetrain a lot and if the brake isn't really applied the car will lurch forward. Not to mention, it won't go away until the engine gets good and hot, then it will throttle back to 800rpms. It would almost seem like some cold start protocol going out of whack. Hot starts run 2000rpm for a few moments then it drops to normal idle right away.

The car is a FWD. Also has a very loud but short squeek from engine compartment (belt probably) during starts, done that since it came off the dealer's lot.

Thanks,

Suburbazine

Hi all, newbie (to Lexus) here.

I'm having some sort of high idle problem, about 2000rpms, especially after a cold start. It makes the car a bit unmanageable shifting in and out of gear. When shifting into gear, it seems to shock the drivetrain a lot and if the brake isn't really applied the car will lurch forward. Not to mention, it won't go away until the engine gets good and hot, then it will throttle back to 800rpms. It would almost seem like some cold start protocol going out of whack. Hot starts run 2000rpm for a few moments then it drops to normal idle right away.

The car is a FWD. Also has a very loud but short squeek from engine compartment (belt probably) during starts, done that since it came off the dealer's lot.

Thanks,

Suburbazine

I have exactly the same problem with my 99RX . Must be unusual because no one here was able to offer any suggestions. I did do some research and concluded it must be a problem with the ECU table that controls idle speed when engine is below normal operating temperature. The fact that engine idle speed control is fine after engine temp hits normal tells me all other sensors are ok. Of course I am not a mechanic and could be wrong, but, process of elimination tells me it must be the ECU. A dirty ISCV would cause low rpm, apparently a common problem which is addressed on this forum.

I agree it is a nuisance driving a car trying to idle at 2000 rpm but it doesn't last long. Please let me know what you find out.