Gs350 Mp3 Track Order

Try as I might, I can't find a way to create an MP3 CDROM that will play tracks in proper order. My 2007 GS350 (with NAV) insists on playing them in alphabetical order, which is OK except for albums recorded live or an opera or oratorio (e.g. Handel's Messiah) which need to be played in original track number order. The player doesn't seem to recognize or support playlists either. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions?

Each album is already in a separate folder. Putting the track number in the title had occurred to me, but that's pretty labor (labour?) intensive. Clearly, the MP3 support in my Lexus is very thinly programmed; it should pick pick up the track info (as well as other attributes) from the ID tags in the MP3 files themselves. I was hoping someone would tell me I had just missed something obvious. I'm thinking of getting a VAIS SoundLinQ to connect an iPod; the dealer said he could install it for me for about $200 USD. Then, I could bring along ALL my music and playlists would supplant folders (and presumably play in the correct order).

Each album is already in a separate folder. Putting the track number in the title had occurred to me, but that's pretty labor (labour?) intensive. Clearly, the MP3 support in my Lexus is very thinly programmed; it should pick pick up the track info (as well as other attributes) from the ID tags in the MP3 files themselves. I was hoping someone would tell me I had just missed something obvious. I'm thinking of getting a VAIS SoundLinQ to connect an iPod; the dealer said he could install it for me for about $200 USD. Then, I could bring along ALL my music and playlists would supplant folders (and presumably play in the correct order).

Keep in mind that with the iPod and vais unit, there is a slight pause between tracks. I play many of my CDs that I ripped to my iPod that were recorded live, and the gap between tracks is annoying. Sometimes one tune is supposed to transisition to the next song, and sometimes it is just applause. I just live with it, but wish there was a way around it.

As a postscript to this discussion. I did note that Windows Media Player 11 prefixes a two digit track number to the MP3 file name when it rips a new album. So, one solution is to re-rip the CDs destined for the Lexus. I had not used that software to create most of my MP3s so the problem remains. I also found a program called Mp3Tag that has an option to rename all the track file names and can be set up to prefix the track number to the name.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Try this for me. Use iTunes and create a playlist. Right click the playlist and then burn it. Does that work?

I would hope if you burnt a playlist file .m3u or similar, the system would pick it up and play the order in the playlist. It would be pretty silly if it didn't do this.

On another issue, I'm very curious to know if others have the same problem as I'm planing on getting a GS or IS soon. Does anyone know if there is a way to get DVDs burned with mp3s on them to load and play audio in the gs or is? Having DVD mp3 storage over CD mp3 storage would be mucho better.

• 3 weeks later...
Keep in mind that with the iPod and vais unit, there is a slight pause between tracks. I play many of my CDs that I ripped to my iPod that were recorded live, and the gap between tracks is annoying. Sometimes one tune is supposed to transisition to the next song, and sometimes it is just applause. I just live with it, but wish there was a way around it.

Which iPod do you have? i.e. my first gen Nano has the pause inbetween tracks and it's got nothing to do with the VAIS unit.

Which iPod do you have? i.e. my first gen Nano has the pause inbetween tracks and it's got nothing to do with the VAIS unit.

I have the 60 gig model whatever it was called. You are correct; the gap between tracks has nothing to do with the VAIS unit. I was just saying I have that combo/system, and it is something that really bothers me. The VAIS unit only accesses playlists, but 99 is plenty, and the 1st 12 are directly accessible. It really is pretty cool, and the iPOD itself lets you organize your music by artist/album/track, also VERY cool. Itunes also is pretty cool :)

Overall, this beats any system I ever had. I just wish I could change a setting to remove the gaps, and maybe someday there will be a more versatile interface to use more of the iPODs ways to access your library.

Hello to All,

I have not been able to get any burned cd's (mp3 or wma) to play in my 07 gs350 with nav (not mark levinson). Has anyone gotten this to work correctly? I have used both Windows Media Player and ITunes to create the cd's.. no luck. These cd's do play in every other cd player i own. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 60 gig model whatever it was called. You are correct; the gap between tracks has nothing to do with the VAIS unit. I was just saying I have that combo/system, and it is something that really bothers me. The VAIS unit only accesses playlists, but 99 is plenty, and the 1st 12 are directly accessible. It really is pretty cool, and the iPOD itself lets you organize your music by artist/album/track, also VERY cool. Itunes also is pretty cool :)

Overall, this beats any system I ever had. I just wish I could change a setting to remove the gaps, and maybe someday there will be a more versatile interface to use more of the iPODs ways to access your library.

I think I remember seeing a way to adjust the delay between tracks via iTunes. You might check that out.