Automic Windows/battery Replacement

MaeMae1012

I have an '03 GX470 and recently replaced the battery in the car. Since the new battery has been installed, my drivers side window controls will not control any of the windows but my own. I haven't ever had this problem before...could it be something to do with the battery being replaced?? If so, does anyone know how I fix this? ....or what else the problem could be?? Thanks!

I have an '03 GX470 and recently replaced the battery in the car. Since the new battery has been installed, my drivers side window controls will not control any of the windows but my own. I haven't ever had this problem before...could it be something to do with the battery being replaced?? If so, does anyone know how I fix this? ....or what else the problem could be?? Thanks!

You have to initialize the windows and the moonroof. It explains how to do this in the owners manual. Unfortunately, it's the most unread book on earth.

I beleive the reset is to hold the window button either up (or down) for several seconds after the window is in that position. Give that a try, it won't hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I replaced the battery a few weeks back, added aux lights, and installed the XD HID's, I pull the battery out of my old 4runner and use jump cables to keep all the systems alive, maintain the nav settings, etc. A lot easier than trying to reprogram everything in. :)

• 2 years later...
Go to each power window

- close / switch up,(even if already closed) hold for 1001,1002,1003, after closed

- open/ switch downdown, hold for 1001,1002,1003 after open

go to next window

Thanks, Soggy worked for me on my 2009 RX!