04 Rx330 “diesel” Engine Noise At Idling & Also Speed Meter Proble

coolhand

Well, recently I got 04 RX330 w/ 38K on it. Everything seems fine or fixed under warranty except 2 problems.

1. RX330 makes very low “diesel engine” noise or somewhat “Dodge truck” noise when idling. It’s coming from the engine and drives me crazy.

When I took it to a dealer they said they could not duplicate the problem and never fixed it or cared to explain it to me other than “it’s just fine and we couldn't duplicate it!”

My friend has RX330 and his RX doesn’t make that kind of noise and I’m sure new RX doesn’t make that noise either.

It’s sharp pitch and very constant. Even warmed up the noise still persist.

What seems the problem?

2. My speed meter has problem. When I stop the needle doesn’t rest at “0” but it stuck at about 2~3 MPH range. Sometime, it’s stuck at 5mph range.

When I took it to a dealer… of course the tech could not duplicate it.

Any thought? I’ve warranty remaining until April.05 and I need to take care this problem asap but Lexus dealer kept saying it’s fine! :chairshot:

dont know about the speedo, but seems like it needs to be changed.

as for the diesel sound, im pretty sure all RX cars are like that. Its due to the direct injection, and you will hear ticking.

RX330driver - Thats interesting and good to know about the diesel sound. I notice it too and have looked for a truck next to me at times because of that sound. Glad to hear thats normal. I thought I may have the beginning of an exhaust issue.

• 2 months later...