Passenger Mirror Replacement

jsantos615

Like other parts of the country, we had some ice storms here in Michigan over the weekend. Would you know it? The tree that I've been postponing cutting down fell under the weight of the ice and snow and landed on my GX!

My windshield is broken and my passenger mirror sheared-off! I managed to find a replaceement on eBay for great price, but I'm having trouble taking the interior door panel off. It comes-off pretty easily, with the exception of the portion where the door latch is, toward the center. Is there are screw or fastener that I'm missing? Other than that, it looks like replacing the mirror isn't that hard.

Thanks!!

joe

Here is a post I found on another forum:

it's actually pretty easy.

1. remove the armrest pad on the panel by pulling it upwards

2. remove the gold philips screws where the armrest pad was

3. remove the pop clip near the tweeter, by pressing in the center. that will make the clip release

4. remove the triangle plastic piece that covers the side view mirror by pulling it from the top towards you

5. pull on the inside door handle and pry the plastic piece behind it (use a small flat head screw driver and be careful)

6. remove the black screw behind it

7. find the slot at the bottom of the panel and stick your fingers in there to pry it towards you. you have to pull hard and don't worry if the clips fall. you just reinsert them in their place

8. lift upwards once all the clips have released to remove the panel from the door itself

9. USE CAUTION! don't pull the panel out too far from the door! you have to unclip all the wiring.

10. if your car was like mine. the rattling came from the "wood". to remove the "wood" you need to remove the 2 screws that hold the seat memory switchand the silver screws that hold it in.(don't forget about the one by the door handle, it's hidden under the foam.

11. oops forgot one. remove the power window switches by using something stiff and thin and pry it upwards. then unclip the wiring from the switch and remove the screws behind where the switch was.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the post. I used this to replace my GX470 drivers mirror. The only differences are:

1. Lift the window control unit out and unplug

2. Remove the gold screw behind window control unit

3. Follow the remaining removal instructions

***Don't forget to reprogram the window auto up and auto down feature***

Start car, put drivers window all the way up, release window switch. Pull up on switch and hold it for about 10 seconds then release. It should now be auto once again.