04 Rx330 What Type Of Coolant To Use?

coolhand

Well, I've noticed that my coolant is running low and required to add some new fluid.

The color of RX330's coolant is pinkish color and I’ve no experience with this stuff.

I've changed the coolant on other car before but they were all regular green stuff.

What type of coolant is this and what they call? Do I need to go to the Lexus dealer to purchase this or Autozone has it, too?:geek:

Also, can I mix it with green coolant?

Thanks in advance

Go to Lexus and purchase the coolant there. No, don't mix it with green coolant. You're welcome.

Should be obvious, but you can go to a Toyota dealer and use that coolant too (might be cheaper). Like 92Lex says, don't use any other coolant.

Well, I've noticed that my coolant is running low and required to add some new fluid.

The color of RX330's coolant is pinkish color and I’ve no experience with this stuff.

I've changed the coolant on other car before but they were all regular green stuff.

What type of coolant is this and what they call? Do I need to go to the Lexus dealer to purchase this or Autozone has it, too?:geek:

Also, can I mix it with green coolant?

Thanks in advance

Now that Toyota Long Life Red (RX300) and Toyota Ultra Long Life Pink (RX330) are almost $20 a gallon, I switched to Prestone all makes and models ultra long life, about $6 at Walmart. Not that an additional $15 for a gallon is going to break me. It's just the principle of overpaying.

I have become a convert of Zerex G-05. They make a very nice antifreeze that is free of the problem that the "green" antifreezes have - the silicates that you see that come out of solution over time. If you don't know what that is, take a look at an older radiator and notice the white "snow" that you see on the discharge tubes. Take a look at what they have at:

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/pr....asp?product=10

They do mention that they have a low silicate product. Other forums for Acura as well as classic cars like Zerex because of its low silicate producing solution.

Gary