Key Wont Turn In The Drivers Door (help)

Shayan

Hello,

I have a 1992 es300 and the drivers door, My key goes in all the way , but it will not turn either way, I was wondering if anyone had any idea on why this is happening.

Thanks,

Shayan

Did this happen all of a sudden ? Does the lock/unlock button work on the key ? Have you always used the key to lock/unlock ? Do you think someone superglued the lock ? Ant more info would really help solve this.

Hello,

I have a 1992 es300 and the drivers door, My key goes in all the way , but it will not turn either way, I was wondering if anyone had any idea on why this is happening.

Thanks,

Shayan

Did this happen all of a sudden ? Does the lock/unlock button work on the key ? Have you always used the key to lock/unlock ? Do you think someone superglued the lock ? Ant more info would really help solve this.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes it worked that morning and in the afternoon it diidnt work and hasent since. The lock/ unlock remote doesnt work as nothing on my car. lol

I use the key everytime, sicne its my only way to get in the door.

Nah doubt anyone super glued it.

Thanks again,

Shayan

Hello,

Thanks,

Shayan

Thanks for your reply,

Yes it worked that morning and in the afternoon it diidnt work and hasent since. The lock/ unlock remote doesnt work as nothing on my car. lol

Thanks again,

Shayan

Have you replaced the battery in the key ?

Hello,

Thanks,

Shayan

Thanks for your reply,

Thanks again,

Shayan

Yes, i bought a new battery and it still doesnt do it.

I wish i knew why, Is it most liely the key or the lock?

either way lexus charges 300 to reprgram the car, and youd be better off getting a aftermarket one for 1/3 of that price. As far as the lock on the door i have no idea, i blew that dust remover in it, but that diidnt do it either. I called the lexus dealer, they said they charge 90 just to look at it, and im in high school, so i dont have the money to do that, so ive been using the passener door since two weeks ago.

Hello,

Thanks,

Shayan

Thanks for your reply,

Thanks again,

Shayan

Yes, i bought a new battery and it still doesnt do it.

I wish i knew why, Is it most liely the key or the lock?

either way lexus charges 300 to reprgram the car, and youd be better off getting a aftermarket one for 1/3 of that price. As far as the lock on the door i have no idea, i blew that dust remover in it, but that diidnt do it either. I called the lexus dealer, they said they charge 90 just to look at it, and im in high school, so i dont have the money to do that, so ive been using the passener door since two weeks ago.

Does the drivers door lock and unlock from the inside ?

You know, you can always just take off the door panel and see if anything is jamming the linkage... it's a simple linkage, and it's pretty easy to remove the door panel.

That would be the next step. It's not that difficult.

About a week ago i was at circuit city getting a door speakers put in, and i told them to leave it off and when i got home, there was the moisture plastic bag, i got behind that but cant see anything else, the rod goes back and forth when u lock and unlock from inside.