Sway Bars For Rx?

jkatsoudas

Has anyone found a source for aftermarket sway bars for the RX330/350/400h? I love everything about my new RX400h other than the amount of body roll. I've seen springs from Eibach and H&R, but I can't find any sources for sway bars. Not looking for anything radical, just to drop it an inch or so and tighten up the roll a bit.

Thanks,

John

Lower it then have a shop box your stock sways.

Thanks- good suggestion. I was going to look into having a fabrication shop custom bend me a set from thicker bar stock, but this sounds like a cheaper way to go and I won't need new bushings. Maybe I'll look for a used set from a salvage yard and have them reworked so I'm not out of commission as long.

Well...

RX = Highlander

Highlander = Camry paltform.

You could always get a set of Camry v6 / ES, and a set of Avalon aftermarket sways & see if they fit. Not sure if they would, but that's the best shot. Sienna van ones are Camry... They have a Japanese aftermarket, but IDK about anything else USA wise for them.

Well...

RX = Highlander

Highlander = Camry paltform.

You could always get a set of Camry v6 / ES, and a set of Avalon aftermarket sways & see if they fit. Not sure if they would, but that's the best shot. Sienna van ones are Camry... They have a Japanese aftermarket, but IDK about anything else USA wise for them.

I've been thinking along the same lines, but I don't think that the Camry or Highlander sway bars would be any thicker than what already comes on the 400h from the factory. Hadn't thought about the Sienna- it's worth checking out. The 400h rear bar has an upward bend on it to clear the spare mounted under the trunk. Not sure where the spare is mounted on the Sienna, so that bar may or may not have that bend. I don't think any of these cars mentioned are typically modified so I don't think I'm any more likely to find aftermarket Camry or Sienna sway bars than I am to find 400h bars. The rear didn't look like that complicated a bend, so I still haven't ruled out having one custom fabricated. I'll probably lower it first and see how the new springs feel. If I find someone to custom fabricate, maybe I'll try to negotiate a volume discount and see if people here are interested in a group buy. I'm sure 5-10 sets would be cheaper than one set.