Yet Another Gas Grade Question

ccb

Hi again! Forgot to put this in the message I just posted. The first time I put gas in the car, I wasn't sure which grade to use so I bought the highest grade. I've since seen posts where others have asked and see that this car does not have to use what I put in. Is it going to be okay to start using the 87 or should I not mix them?

I don't want to have to run it completely empty in order to use a different grade. I have always been real bad about running my car until the gas light comes on and then pushing my luck. Thankfully I've only run out once. I was recently the victim of an armed robbery and am very leery now about getting too low on gas and running out.

Thanks again!

Cindy

well, i use premium 91 octane just because "more expensive equals better" right? well, people use any grade of gas, and it is true that you can use gas with a lower octane. However, i would not go as far as to say that you should use the lowest regular 87. At least use the middle. Its just 10 cents more. that comes out to about 50 dollars more a year...

if you are going to switch, at least get it as low as possible before putting it in. its no biggie though, i just feel personally that its better not to mix.

First of all, mixing grades is not a problem. At the Chevron station where I occasionally have light maintenance performed, the mechanic told me that they only have two types of underground storage tanks -- one for regular and one for premium. If you by the mid-grade, the pump is actually pulling from both tanks and mixing the fuel for you.

As for the correct grade to buy, this thread pretty much beat the topic to death.

I think it is a fair summary to say the your car will run fine with regular fuel, but that the 330s may have been designed to use premium.