91 Ls400 Mods And Repairs

jeffmthomas

Well Guys,

I am new to this forum and I have a few questions for you. My 91 LS400 recently rolled over 300k miles about 6k miles ago. The car is running fine aside from minor maintenance concerned and the like. I am wanting to start making it look more cosmetically pleasing so I am looking for some pointers from the enthusiasts.

Firstly, I am going to be ripping out all of the carpet and get rid of the stained grey and replacing it with a black interior. Seeing as I have 2 kids i think it is a smart move. I would like to know if there are any carpet replacement kits for the 91 LS400 or if there are at least some pointers for a DIY job.

I am having a company out in California reupholster the leather seats in a different color to go with the black carpet that I am putting in. I will PM the company's info if anyone is interested. I found them on eBay.

I want to get some advise as the the engine. I would like to get rid of the ugly looking rubber hoses and replace them with some nice looking hoses that have a chrome or polished finish. Could anyone direct me to a company for this?

I am also looking for a place to get refurbed misc parts for the 91 LS400. Can anyone point me in that direction?

I look forward to your helpful replies.

Thanks,

Jeff

Firstly, I am going to be ripping out all of the carpet and get rid of the stained grey and replacing it with a black interior. Seeing as I have 2 kids i think it is a smart move. I would like to know if there are any carpet replacement kits for the 91 LS400 or if there are at least some pointers for a DIY job.
I searched high and low for replacement carpet for my '95 with no luck. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. The dealer will gladly order it for you for about $1,000. LOL Anyway, it all worked out for the best because I was able to power wash the stains out that were bothering me. I pulled the carpet in my '95 a couple summers ago, and it really was a simple, straight forward task. You pull the seats, console, some trim here and there, and the carpet comes out. It was funny to see my car completely emptied out!....

gallery_1461_129_1118091074.jpg

As for the parts, for oem: newlexusparts.com, irontoad.com, lexus-parts.com; misc parts: ebay.com, car-part.com, taprecycling.net, and I'm sure there are some more sites that are slipping my mind at the moment.

Welome aboard Jeff! :cheers:

Thank you for that reply. This will come in handy when I get around to riupping my carpet out. My thing was that I wanted to switch from the old stained grey carpet to black on the interior. I spoke with a lexus parts department rep earlier today and i was told that it would be $1200 for just the carpet, that does not include the rear dash or the carpet on the door panels. and he told me that that was IF they were able to order any. I think i might try cleaning it or at the very least does anyone know what kind of carpet that I can use that can somehow be molded by myself?