New To The Game

Hi guys

I just bought a ’93 GS300 this weekend and already don’t ever want to part with it! But since I have never owned a beautiful machine such as this before, need some general advice.

I bought it at auction, so have no records whatsoever regarding service history. Is there any way I can find out whether it has been dealer-serviced by quoting the VIN number to my local dealer?

What products would forum members recommend for cleaning/waxing and interior maintenance? Similarly, which fluids would you recommend?

Sorry if I should have found all this info elsewhere on the site, I did look around. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a dedicated page with this sort of info for future Lexus virgins like myself!!

Hey there, and congrads on your purchase! You can actually call (that is what I did) the local Lexus dealer and they can tell you everything and anything that has been done AT A LEXUS DEALERSHIP. I was actually able to use that as a tool to get a better price..mine was serviced every 3K miles, with the exception of the last 20K!!!

They actually do have a detail section, you would want to scroll down in the lexus forums section and you will be able to answer any questions there. Don't worry, I am new as well but have yet to run accorss anyone not willing to help. I hope this helps out a little! Welcome to the pursuit of perfection! :cheers:

welcome and congrats on the new car...very true 1st time i sat in the car i was never going back 2 honda again. what a feel. but as far as products yes we have a detail section . i personally use meguires leather claner and condtioner, and alos use the cleaner wax from maguires and the quick detailer when on the run.. they make great stuff. enjoy the new car.