Egr Valve

bibi

Hello,

well i haven't done it yet on my ES300 but have done it on other cars but basically you need to remove it and clean all the carbon deposits, you also have to check that the mechanisn isn't sticking so get a vacuum pump amd put in a vacuum to see if the valve opens normally, if you cannot build pressure in there, then the diaphram is ripped and there is a vacuum leak. you can also check the vacuum hoses for tears and cracks as well as for the ends being work out.

have you removed it yet?

i believe there is another thread on this,

chargerucd

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THE NEWBIE!!

I haven't removed it yet but thinking it's the way to go for now (holidays). If I keep driving it like this will it cause any damage? I'm driving it to NYC from Fl. next week.

I haven't removed it yet but thinking it's the way to go for now (holidays). If I keep driving it like this will it cause any damage? I'm driving it to NYC from Fl. next week.

Read my post and see if it helps.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=33746

What year car and what are the symptoms? Without any info I'd say the 1411 is a bogus code caused by the excessive flow (0402). Focus on the 0402.

• 1 month later...

Read my post and see if it helps.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=33746

What year car and what are the symptoms? Without any info I'd say the 1411 is a bogus code caused by the excessive flow (0402). Focus on the 0402.

No symptoms really other than the cel