95 Lexus Ls-400 Purchased 12-9

10cracer

To all:

I just purchased 95 LS-400 yesterday & happy with it but needs advice & recommendation.

1. This is a 2 owner car (I'm the 3rd owner), I have the maintenance record for 1st owner but was not able

to retrieved the 2nd owner's record. Could I go to any lexus dealer with VIN number to have them pull

up the record?

2. What kind of maintenance do I need as of right now? (or future) The cars has 66000 miles on it with no

warning lights and drives very nice (very happy to get this car but wish to have a 2001 LS-430,

but my budget would not allow me to get it)

3. What are the required items or service for this vehicle?

Thanks!

Phillip

1. Yes VIN to dealer..start praying the previous owner did the 60K service. Likely not.

2. If the 60K was not done, you can get it done by an outside shop for less... but you have to look at the list of stuffon the 60k to see how extensive it is. IMHO a Dealer Service is a good idea. Its not just a oil change and a wash.

3. I dont have my schedule handy but its on the web and also your dealer will have the list of stuff when you check the VIN.

The 60k is the big service 30-60-90-120K like that. The Timing belt, tensioner and waterpump should be checked at 60 or 90 and done at 120k...(Other members can chime in with the exact schedule.)

My dealer quoted $960 for the 60K on my 2000 LS. :censored:

Still there s the peace of mind that it got done by someone who knows the car. Your car isnt going to be the training mule for some monkey.

Besides the LS is the best car ever built..it deserves the best treatment. :D

To all:

I just purchased 95 LS-400 yesterday & happy with it but needs advice & recommendation.

1. This is a 2 owner car (I'm the 3rd owner), I have the maintenance record for 1st owner but was not able

to retrieved the 2nd owner's record. Could I go to any lexus dealer with VIN number to have them pull

up the record?

2. What kind of maintenance do I need as of right now? (or future) The cars has 66000 miles on it with no

warning lights and drives very nice (very happy to get this car but wish to have a 2001 LS-430,

but my budget would not allow me to get it)

3. What are the required items or service for this vehicle?

Thanks!

Phillip

check all rubber parts underneath the car, boots etc, check the condition of your brakes,

tune up should be done every 60k

it includes spark plugs, cables distributors and distributor covers

and dont forget the fuel filter.

check the condition of the t-belt and when engine is idling at around 1k rpms listen for whining from the t belt area

:) :)

check all rubber parts underneath the car, boots etc, check the condition of your brakes,

tune up should be done every 60k

it includes spark plugs, cables distributors and distributor covers

and dont forget the fuel filter.

check the condition of the t-belt and when engine is idling at around 1k rpms listen for whining from the t belt area

Congrats on your new purchase!!! I predict a very happy car owner:) The LS is one of very few cars that will age like a fine bottle of wine!