Is It True You Have To Have The Master Key To Open The Trunk?

ED.

My dad borrowed my Grandmas SC300 and accidentially hit the lock thing by the interior release and locked the trunk. We tried to unlock that thing but realized we had the spare key and not the master. Well apparently the master was lost and so now we have to buy a new one for $290. That is the only way to get in right : (

so the wallet key will work? the main one had a button on it that would lock the doors. the one we have is just a key. i think they may have the wallet one. should I tell them to try that? Should I look on eBay for one with the remote in it?

thanks blake for the wuick response!

The wallet key works on my LS's trunk locks. I'll lock the trunk, and then, I remember something that I want to get out of the trunk...while the car is running, so I just use my wallet key to unlock it without having to shut the car off. Yeah, if they have the wallet key, give it a try first. You probably just have a valet key...it's got a rounded head compared to the more square shape of the master.

What year are we talking about? Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the remote keys that the older Lexus cars (like pre 1995ish) used have to be bought in pairs that come with a new chip for the keyless entry system, so I don't think ebay would be an option.

oh jeez : ). its a 1993 i believe. i called my local lex dealer and they said for that year you would have to use the master to get in but you are right about the head. its rounded off. im gonna find out now about the wallet one.

thanks!!

oh jeez : ). its a 1993 i believe. i called my local lex dealer and they said for that year you would have to use the master to get in but you are right about the head. its rounded off. im gonna find out now about the wallet one. thanks!!
The wallet key in the trunk worked on my former ES300 as well as my LS, so I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't work on your SC. ;)

yeah i just tried it on the BMW and my main one and my wallet one got me in the trunk and the spare didnt do anything. i didnt know those keys even did that! damn these luxury cars.. : ). wish me luck! theres like a big fight going on now cause my cousin lost the key and they are all fighting trying to find it... jeez. im staying out of it : )