Backseat And Subwoofer

elmatador

Hey everyone, I just installed a sweet Alpine Amp with a Fosgate 8" sub where the stock sub was at and sounds great, except for one thing!!!! THE DARN RATTLING IN THE BACK!!! I added some Dynamat and want to add some more, but I need to take off the back seats and then the dash! Can someone help me with the instructions on how to take off the back seats!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey everyone, I just installed a sweet Alpine Amp with a Fosgate 8" sub where the stock sub was at and sounds great, except for one thing!!!! THE DARN RATTLING IN THE BACK!!! I added some Dynamat and want to add some more, but I need to take off the back seats and then the dash! Can someone help me with the instructions on how to take off the back seats!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

for theseat

\step one.open rear door.

step two, firmly grasp the bottom of the seat in the frint by where your feet would go if u were sittin in it.

step three pull up hard it will pop loose (repeat the other side)

the top just has a few bolts holding it in then it falls out also.

If you replaced the stock sub in the center of the rear deck with a decent sub pushing some power, then it's still an open-air sub and going to rattle anything and everything in the trunk (like your torsion bars on the trunklid) because it's using the trunk as the acoustical enclosure... You'll have to really dampen every part of your trunk to get the rattles out.

• 3 weeks later...

If you replaced the stock sub in the center of the rear deck with a decent sub pushing some power, then it's still an open-air sub and going to rattle anything and everything in the trunk (like your torsion bars on the trunklid) because it's using the trunk as the acoustical enclosure... You'll have to really dampen every part of your trunk to get the rattles out.

i got the back seats out of there and i got to the back dash. the back dash is a bit difficult to take off. does anyone know how to take that back dash off? i got a sweet deal on the amp and the sub and it pushes some good bass! i was messing around with the trunk yesterday and you are correct, the torsion bars need some good dampening.....actually the whole trunk needs some dampening......

thanks you guys for all of the information. i really appreciate it!!! my lexus is a 2001! i just need some more help with that back dash to get to dampening that sucker!!!