Rear Sub Replacement With Free Air?

I am looking at a few Free Air subs to upgrade my stock 10" in the rear deck.

Anyone done this with sucess? Sound good? Waste of time? Will I need to upgrade the amp or can I run the stock one?

Here are some options...

Kicker Comp 05C104 $90

10" 4-ohm Component Subwoofer

Polymineral cone • foam surround • marine-ready • free-air use • 50-150W RMS power range • 30-500 Hz frequency response

Infinity Perfect 10.1 $150

Aluminum cone • high-roll rubber surround • 75-350W RMS power range • 18-200 Hz frequency response

Infinity Kappa 102.7W $180

10" Switchable 1 or 4-ohm Component Sub

Selectable 1- or 4-ohm impedance • woven glass fiber cone • rubber surround • neodymium magnet • 50-350W RMS power range • 25-400 Hz frequency response

Tell me what you all think??

I am looking at a few Free Air subs to upgrade my stock 10" in the rear deck.

Anyone done this with sucess? Sound good? Waste of time? Will I need to upgrade the amp or can I run the stock one?

Here are some options...

Kicker Comp 05C104 $90

Polymineral cone • foam surround • marine-ready • free-air use • 50-150W RMS power range • 30-500 Hz frequency response

Infinity Perfect 10.1 $150

Aluminum cone • high-roll rubber surround • 75-350W RMS power range • 18-200 Hz frequency response

Infinity Kappa 102.7W $180

10" Switchable 1 or 4-ohm Component Sub

Selectable 1- or 4-ohm impedance • woven glass fiber cone • rubber surround • neodymium magnet • 50-350W RMS power range • 25-400 Hz frequency response

Tell me what you all think??

My suggestion is to def get a nice strong amp to power it. I am not sure what a freeair will sound but Im guessing it should sound better than stock. I was going to make a custom bandpass box and remove the stock 10" and port it through there.

As per what subs thats your choice. Try to find people who have that specific sub and listen to it. I like the sound of JL Audio, Orion, and some Fosgate and Kicker. You should run it at 2ohms bridged to get the most power out of your amp. Also like I stated before get a really strong amp because you can always turn down the gain if its too strong. Weak amps or amps that seem to match up in watts usually are too weak and when you push your amp it shuts off because it overheats. Its lame and you will not be happy. Good luck on your quest for better bass.