Rx300 Window Switch Problem

DIYMech

The driver's window switch in my RX300 is unreliable. I can roll down the driver's window fine, but the ability to roll it back up doesn't work well. I've tried to remove the switch assembly (found some instructions on-line) but I have been unable pry the unit up. Does anyboy have suggestions, pictures, or can direct me to a better step-by-step guide on how to do this? Thank you.

• 3 months later...

The driver's window switch in my RX300 is unreliable. I can roll down the driver's window fine, but the ability to roll it back up doesn't work well. I've tried to remove the switch assembly (found some instructions on-line) but I have been unable pry the unit up. Does anyboy have suggestions, pictures, or can direct me to a better step-by-step guide on how to do this? Thank you.

I've got the same problem... My driver's side window had been acting a bit flaky here and there over the past few weeks (rolling down when I tried to roll it up, etc) but it was seemingly very random so I didn't think much of it. Now this morning I can't get it to roll up at all, so I'm hitting up these forums looking for some anwers... HELP!

All of the other windows work fine, so I'm thinking its just a problem with the switch or maybe the motor itself in my driver's side window....

any thoughts?

I've got the same problem... My driver's side window had been acting a bit flaky here and there over the past few weeks (rolling down when I tried to roll it up, etc) but it was seemingly very random so I didn't think much of it. Now this morning I can't get it to roll up at all, so I'm hitting up these forums looking for some anwers... HELP!

All of the other windows work fine, so I'm thinking its just a problem with the switch or maybe the motor itself in my driver's side window....

any thoughts?

Do a search for "Window switch" and read my post "The 600 Dollar Window switch"

it explains what I dit for the same problem.

Good luck

Karl

any thoughts?

Good luck

Karl

Thanks for the reply Karl - I'll DEFINITELY give that method a shot once I get home... :) Hopefully it works!

As for my situation right now, I went back out to the parking lot and messed with it for about 10 minutes... after trying like 30 times it just miraculously came up and closed all the way so at least I'm safe for now... I noticed that whenever I tried to bring the window up, I heard a small faint clicking noise (I hear the same one from all of the other windows as well) so I'm thinking that the switch itself and the motor are working fine, there is just something keeping the window from actually coming up all the time, so maybe your method will work.

The only thing that makes me doubt this is that for the past few weeks, I've noticed that the window would sometimes go DOWN when I told it to go UP -- that leads me to think that there is in fact somethign wrong with the switch/contacts/etc... thoughts?

any thoughts?

Good luck

Karl

Thanks for the reply Karl - I'll DEFINITELY give that method a shot once I get home... :) Hopefully it works!

As for my situation right now, I went back out to the parking lot and messed with it for about 10 minutes... after trying like 30 times it just miraculously came up and closed all the way so at least I'm safe for now... I noticed that whenever I tried to bring the window up, I heard a small faint clicking noise (I hear the same one from all of the other windows as well) so I'm thinking that the switch itself and the motor are working fine, there is just something keeping the window from actually coming up all the time, so maybe your method will work.

The only thing that makes me doubt this is that for the past few weeks, I've noticed that the window would sometimes go DOWN when I told it to go UP -- that leads me to think that there is in fact somethign wrong with the switch/contacts/etc... thoughts?

Sounds exactly like my problem. Spray lots of WD 40 into the switch and keep working the switch to get the contacts cleaned up.

Karl

Sounds exactly like my problem. Spray lots of WD 40 into the switch and keep working the switch to get the contacts cleaned up.

Karl

OK... well I'm gonna try out your method when I get a chance, but to be honest I haven't noticed any additional stiffness or resistance when trying to press the button so I'm not totally sure if that's what the issue really is or not... I suppose it can't hurt to try though - as long as I'm careful along the way anyhow...

Tom