Problem With Transmission Or Some Car Part

svarog

Hello I have a 1995 es300.

Lately in the mornings when I start the car and go into drive and press the gas, it feels like transmission doesn't slip into gear.

Engine just revvs up, after about 30 seconds or sometimes longer I feel a bump, car shakes and gets into gear and goes fine. Rest of the day it works great.

I went to toyota dealership and had a atf flush and they put new synthetic fluid in there. Still same problem though.

It is because it got colder? I live in florida so its not too much colder.

What could be wrong, and what if it happens one day and I can't get into gear at all, what should I do? Some easy fix around, so I can get to work at least.

Thanks!

What fluid did they put in it? TT-IV or Dexron-III. You should have dexron.

Not going into gear in a timely fashion is normally indicative of low fluid pressure. Which is almost always caused by a low fluid level. Let it idle to warm in park, shift to all gears & while idling check the level. It oughta be up to the top hot mark if it's on real level ground.

If it *is* at the top hot mark. Dran the pan & refill it with 4 quarts of fluid.