Is 350 Vs Bmw 330i

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what you guys think between the 330i and the is 350? The new 330i is a twin turbo with 300 hp, as the IS 350 is about 300 hp itself without the turbo. Although I head the 350 is somewhat even faster than the Lexus SC 430.

I was also comparing the BMW 328xi (AWD) with the IS 250 (AWD) but noticed BMW is a little up on that one with the slight advantage in horsepower (30 more I think, corect me if I'm wrong).

Both are amazing cars, and am jealous of all of you! haha

Best Regards,

Daniel

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what you guys think between the 330i and the is 350? The new 330i is a twin turbo with 300 hp, as the IS 350 is about 300 hp itself without the turbo. Although I head the 350 is somewhat even faster than the Lexus SC 430.

I was also comparing the BMW 328xi (AWD) with the IS 250 (AWD) but noticed BMW is a little up on that one with the slight advantage in horsepower (30 more I think, corect me if I'm wrong).

Best Regards,

Daniel

Daniel, the new BMW twin turbo is the 335. IMHO the 328xi trumps the IS250 AWD because the BMW is much more responsive, but a few $ more equally equipped. The IS350 trumps the 335 because an equally equiped BMW will cost you $10K more for essentially the same car, and the IS350 looks soooo much nicer. oh, and did I mention that the BMW has a GM transmition.

The IS350 is a beast.

Its funny, the Lexus rates as good or better in all catagories as the BMW with the exception of driving experience, and "they" all site handeling in mountian roads and the e babysitter etc. to bag the lexus, ok fair enough for some, but even living in colorado the odds of me driving in the mountians racing a BMW and not having my wife and kids bitching at me for going too fast is esentially zero. Plus for me "driving experience" is zero to 100, maybe I'm just not euro enough, but give me flat out acceleration and I'm happppy, especially if I can beat my friends. And I agree with daniel the extra money for the BMW, naa. maybe just me but I spent my money on Lexus, I feel $ for $ you get the most bang for your buck.

Hey Guys,

Best Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for your reply's. Yea I am slowly starting to go towards the lexus IS 350. My mistake, you are correct it is the 335i.

I have never owned a lexus but from my friends that have a few of them, I hear nothing but good things.

For me it will either be the 328xi for the all wheel drive system or the IS 350 if I chose to go for power.

p.s. How is the service quality done by lexus? I have a nissan pathfinder currently and love the service from nissan. I'm guessing since BMW and lexus is higher in price and luxury they must have great service.

Thanks for your reply's. Yea I am slowly starting to go towards the lexus IS 350. My mistake, you are correct it is the 335i.

I have never owned a lexus but from my friends that have a few of them, I hear nothing but good things.

For me it will either be the 328xi for the all wheel drive system or the IS 350 if I chose to go for power.

p.s. How is the service quality done by lexus? I have a nissan pathfinder currently and love the service from nissan. I'm guessing since BMW and lexus is higher in price and luxury they must have great service.

I was in a similar boat:

I had put a deposit down on a 328xi, waited 6 weeks for the car and as it was on it's way to me I test drove the IS250AWD-nice but slow, and then the IS350. The test drive was in the pouring rain and the IS350 stuck to the pavement, you just have to drive the VDIM yourself before you decide to go AWD. I bought the IS350 that day, for $1.5K cheaper than a less equipped 328xi. (although all that cash is going towards buying snow tires/wheels/tire pressure sensors- so I guess it's a wash)

My comparisons of the IS350 to the BMW328xi to help you out:

Road Grip Rain

IS=BMW

Road Grip Snow

IS<BMW you'll need a set of snow tires for the IS, the BMW comes with all season tires

Transmission

IS>>BMW (IS comes with paddle shifters, and not the retarded kind that BMW has, there is a dedicated (-) and a dedicated (+) just like a formula one racing car.

Engine

IS>>>>>>>>>>BMW no comparison, the IS smokes the BMW

Sport Handling

IS>BMW I don't think you can get the sports suspension in the 328xi, the IS sits a bit lower, maybe going 130 mph the BMW is better but I'll never know.

Highway Handling

IS<BMW The BMW is very nice on the highway

Comfort

IS=BMW While the BMW's seats are a bit more comfortable, the IS has the cooled seats

Interior Asthetics

IS=BMW both very nice

Exterior Asthetics

IS>>BMW the IS is soooo nice, the BMW is average

Quality feel

IS>BMW The IS just feels like a better put together car

Tires

IS>>>>>>>>BMW The BMW comes with Run Flat Tires, need I say more?

Options

IS>BMW No backup camera in BMW or Park Assist in front, what the heck are they thinking?

Navigation

IS>BMW touch screen Nav in IS, not in BMW, iDrive in BMW is nice-but the interface forces you to take longer to do everything.

Stereo

IS=BMW both very nice

Back Seat

IS<BMW the BMW feels a bit bigger and the rear seats can fold down

$

IS>>BMW no question you get more car for your $

Service

Lexus>>>>BMW You just get the feeling that they love you at Lexus. The service and experience has been so nice so far, even better than Mercedes. e.g.: The Lexus manager made a point to introduce himself, I don't even know what the BMW manager looks like.

Good luck, both are incredible cars.

Danny boy (excuse the familiarity). Here's my story (two of them). In 1987, I bought a brand new Toyota Corolla for $4,500. During the next 10 years, I put 198,000 miles on it. I replaced the clutch twice. Otherwise? Just brakes and a clutch cylinder. Then some yo-yo ran into it in front of my house, and the insurance company settled with me for $4,000 (believe it or not.) They thought that it only had 98,000 miles on it. :whistles:

My income had risen a bit over that 10 years, so in 1996 I bought a 1992 Lexus SC300 with 32K on it for $26,000. Over the next 10 years, I drove the car 177,000 miles (for a total of 209,000). It is still parked in my driveway. It now needs a new A/C and struts in the front. Otherwise, it still drives great, and looks even better.

You want to compare Lexus to BMW?? Why do you think that BMW now has a promotion where you buy a used BMW and you don't buy any maintenance till the car has 100K miles on it. Because otherwise, you wouldn't be able to afford gas!!!! :o I have known people that have had BMW's, and they hate the service department, and dump them to buy different cars.

I have never spoken to someone that has had a Lexus and wants to get out from under it. Maybe I just don't know the right people. ;)

larry

Danny boy (excuse the familiarity). Here's my story (two of them). In 1987, I bought a brand new Toyota Corolla for $4,500. During the next 10 years, I put 198,000 miles on it. I replaced the clutch twice. Otherwise? Just brakes and a clutch cylinder. Then some yo-yo ran into it in front of my house, and the insurance company settled with me for $4,000 (believe it or not.) They thought that it only had 98,000 miles on it. :whistles:

My income had risen a bit over that 10 years, so in 1996 I bought a 1992 Lexus SC300 with 32K on it for $26,000. Over the next 10 years, I drove the car 177,000 miles (for a total of 209,000). It is still parked in my driveway. It now needs a new A/C and struts in the front. Otherwise, it still drives great, and looks even better.

You want to compare Lexus to BMW?? Why do you think that BMW now has a promotion where you buy a used BMW and you don't buy any maintenance till the car has 100K miles on it. Because otherwise, you wouldn't be able to afford gas!!!! :o I have known people that have had BMW's, and they hate the service department, and dump them to buy different cars.

Thanks for the reply. Very well put... I will now surely have to test drive both the IS 350 and the IS 250 AWD. As well with the 335i just since I'm curious about how BMW did with their Twin Turbo work.

As of now though I'm really considering the 250 AWD fully loaded since if I get the 350 then i would not be able to afford the luxury options i want...we'll see what kind of deals they might offer this christmas while most dealerships are fighting to meet sales quota's.

Best Regards,