Wheel Fitment

Hey guys i'm thinkin about getting these Konig Free Falls

362_b.jpg

I wanted to get 18 x 7.5, do you guys think that would fit well in the front and rear?

i heard 18 performs the best, 19 looks the best, and 20 is impractical as far as U turns and stuff

i plan on putting a veilside executive sports body kit on later, so keep that in mind.

can someone also explain some of the terms to me for wheels as well, like staggered and all that i never have any idea what people are talking about...

but basically do you think this will be a good fit and look good?

thanks, :cheers:

chase

Hey guys i'm thinkin about getting these Konig Free Falls

362_b.jpg

I wanted to get 18 x 7.5, do you guys think that would fit well in the front and rear?

i heard 18 performs the best, 19 looks the best, and 20 is impractical as far as U turns and stuff

i plan on putting a veilside executive sports body kit on later, so keep that in mind.

can someone also explain some of the terms to me for wheels as well, like staggered and all that i never have any idea what people are talking about...

but basically do you think this will be a good fit and look good?

thanks, :cheers:

chase

Chase,

Those wheels look pretty sweet. Where are you getting them from?

Go to Tirerack's site and they have some great tutorial areas that explain the offset (how the centerline of the wheel sits with regards to the hub), staggered (e.g., 19" in back & 18" in back), etc... I'm leaning towards 18" up front and 19" in back because the thin, low front end makes an 18" and particularly a 19" look plenty big, while the thicker rear can make a 18" look on the smaller side and a 19" just right.

You need practicality, so 20" are out as far as I can see. I've read that if you go with 19" you will have to shave some of the fender out, but it doesn't sound like a big deal...any dub shop can hook that up. 18" will fit without any changes and will give a bit better performance without losing the rides feel.

I'd love to do a staggered set-up on mine, but there's always the concern about tread wear. once you go staggered (be it rim diameter or tire size) you can no longer rotate tires. Left to right rotation won't even work, because all low-pros are directional.

But maybe i'm making too big a deal out of tire rotation. Maybe it's not even a real concern as long as your camber, alignment, tire pressure and suspension are all on point. Can somebody out there weigh-in on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have 20" w/ a 2.5" drop. There is no rubbing to speak of really. The wheels are 8.5" wide, but the front tire (235/35) is stretched and it barely clears at full lock. The rears are 275/30 and they do not rub at all. It rides nice, handles great, and it looks fantastic. My only issue is camber, it chews the fronts out pretty fast.

post-35442-1172721518_thumb.jpgI HAVE 18'S ON MY 93 400. THE RIDE IS GREAT. THE FRONT TIRE SIZE IS 235/40/18 THE REAR IS 255/40/18. THE RIDE IS GREAT AND IT LOOKS GOOD. NO TROUBLE WITH RUBBING. I WAS THINKING ABOUT A LARGER RIM, 19'S OR 20'S BUT LIKE YOU EVERYBODY AGREEDED THE 18'S WOULD GIVE THE BEST RIDE. BESIDES THEY'RE PUTTING 18' ON THE SC 430'S.

I'd love to do a staggered set-up on mine, but there's always the concern about tread wear. once you go staggered (be it rim diameter or tire size) you can no longer rotate tires. Left to right rotation won't even work, because all low-pros are directional.

But maybe i'm making too big a deal out of tire rotation. Maybe it's not even a real concern as long as your camber, alignment, tire pressure and suspension are all on point. Can somebody out there weigh-in on this?

'SuperCoupe400', My BIG gripe also, unable to rotate the tires. Tire tread lasts longer when your able to rotate.