Odometer Fraud - What To Do?

trout14

I bought a 94' LS400 a few weeks back with what I thought was roughly 138000 miles, for $5500. Was not told about the dash lights not working which started the 2nd day after I bought it. Was not a new occurence after tlooking atsome of the paperwork. Now I have found that when the dash lights are not on, they odometer is also not working. So really I have no idea what the mileage is. I want to keep the car, but am wondering what I should do about this if anything. My plan was to have the car for about a year then sell it. I don't want to get myself in trouble when it comes to selling the car, with falsly reporting the mileage. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Earlier this year I followed the instructions in This Link and replaced capacitors c203 & c220 with parts from Radio Shack. No problem since. (Note: The pics in link are reversed as relates to text. Top pic relates to above repair.)

Disclosure upon resale would simply include stating that display had intermittent problems that included inoperative odometer which has since been repaired. No fraud would apply because disclosure reveals not every single mile was recorded during malfunction and there was no willful action taken to deliberately cause odometer to improperly record actual mileage.