Dashboard...help!

Geno954

Hey guys n gals,

I reviewd the recent thread and tried to remove and sodder new C212, C147 & C142's on my 1993 LS 4. The dash is still completely inoperable.

Could it be my soddering (it didn't look good). My roommate suggested I take the boards to compu USA or something. I don't think it's gonna work either way.

Does anyone know where I can buy refinished or 'new' boards online? I am very mechanical, but not with electric. If I can get the boards (or a new complete dash kit) I can do the work!

Please help asap.

Thanks,

Geno

Those capacitors are polarized electrolytics. If you put them in backward, they won't work as intended. Make sure the " - " side of the capacitor goes to the same place as the old one. As for soldering, it's not that hard. Practice with some pieces of wire, or go to the thrift store and take apart an old radio and practice on it. Re-check your work, and if you do find that you put some in backward, replace them. They generally don't work right after being hooked up wrong.

HTH! :lol: