Seatbelt Reminder Lights

mhnichols

the evils you already know

but i am not sure if there is a sensor connected to it to not allow the airbag to function if the seat belt is not engaged

the belt usually has a ground wire from the clip which creates a full cuircit when the belt is engaged

in order to do this follw a wire usually from the belt to the base of the seat

if it is kept grounded then the car will think it is on

Looking under the seats I found the modular plug that connects to the wire bundle coming off the seat belt receiver. However, when I undo this clip the flashing indicator shifts into high speed mode, and continues to flash even after the seat belt is fastened. javascript:emoticon(':(')

I have discovered that fuse 14 in the driver's side kick panel is for the seat belts. I am going to see what happens when I remove it.

I am not opposed to seat belts, or a reminder. I just bristle at the idea that the reminder is going to continue to flash even after the first few seconds of vehicle operation. For this kind of money and luxury I don't want some finger wagging safety engineer deciding that I need a constant visual reminder that my belt isn't fastened. I'm a grownup. I promise not to sue.

Whats doubly annoying is the passenger warning light, when the passenger isn't wearing the belt...

And its good you're an adult and realize not wearing the belt is your own responsibility, unfortunately others aren't as mature. Thats why Lexus has to do that horribly annoying navigation warning whenever you start the car too.