2 Noise Problems In '06 Es330

hmkim

I have 4k miles on my '06 ES330 and two noise problems.

1. I recently started to hear crackling noise from the dashboard or the driver's seat. It's hard to locate the exact noise source, but it's probably the dashboard. Did anyone have a similar problem? If so, how did you get it fixed?

2. I hear noise from the right front side only when driving 50-60mph. It's not mechanical noise. It's something like what you hear when you hit an empty plastic bottle. What could be this?

I have 4k miles on my '06 ES330 and two noise problems.

1. I recently started to hear crackling noise from the dashboard or the driver's seat. It's hard to locate the exact noise source, but it's probably the dashboard. Did anyone have a similar problem? If so, how did you get it fixed?

2. I hear noise from the right front side only when driving 50-60mph. It's not mechanical noise. It's something like what you hear when you hit an empty plastic bottle. What could be this?

When I had my '03 ES I also had the dashboard noise, intermittently. This was fixed at the Lexus service dept. There was a TSB issued for this problem. I would have assumed that they would have corrected it in manufacturing after 3 years, but I guess they didn't. :whistles:

Check that little storage compartment under the mirror controls. Sometimes I get a noise in that area and its something in that compartment.

Alan's right, there is a TSB to replace the outer windshield cowl that I had done to alleviate a similar noise, but that should have been fixed in an 06.

As for the other noise your guess is as good as mine, have you had the dealer look at it?