About To Buy My Gx !

difflocker

Hi all,

I am about to buy my GX and have the following questions (I have looked all over the Forum and have found some comments, but need some reassurance I guess..):

1. Rear Entertainment System: I want this since I have kids. Will I regret not getting this option and going with an Invision/Audiovox system later on ? - I guess I am looking for experiences... one of the local dealership told me that they have been installing the Invision system in some 03's and that it works very well (but it costs $2,400)... and one kid could be watching a video while the other plays a game, etc.

2. The best deal I have gotten so far is around $47,700 for a new 06' GX with NAV/ML/DVD - Is this a good deal (Bay Area, CA) ?

3. There is a 06' GX with 7,400 Miles at a local dealer (NAV/ML). Invoice for a new one like this one is is about $46,400. What would be a reasonable offer for this vehicle ? $41,862? - (Assuming the GX depreciated 9.78% during its first year)....

Thanks !

Welcome! I can answer your #2 question.

Yes that seems like a good deal since they are moving out the 06s and the 07s are arriving in. $47k back in 03 was a GX with only 3rd seat so getting a Nav/ML/RSES (Rear Seat Entertainment System) is a great deal. Now for that 2nd hand GX, I have no idea what you should offer. It really depends. Maybe the dealer slapped in a 100k warranty or something since it is a CPO (certified Pre-owned). Good luck in the search of your new vehicle. This is the best part in buying a vehicle, the decision of what options to get, and getting the lowest price possible. Ahh, I'm starting to miss that already (even though it was only 3 months ago that i was in the buying process also). :D

Hi all,

I am about to buy my GX and have the following questions (I have looked all over the Forum and have found some comments, but need some reassurance I guess..):

1. Rear Entertainment System: I want this since I have kids. Will I regret not getting this option and going with an Invision/Audiovox system later on ? - I guess I am looking for experiences... one of the local dealership told me that they have been installing the Invision system in some 03's and that it works very well (but it costs $2,400)... and one kid could be watching a video while the other plays a game, etc.

Thanks !

Just a thought, but you may want to consider portable DVD players.

In my last SUV I was forced to buy the rear entertainment because it was the only way I could get NAV. We only let the kids use it on long trips, so it got used around 6 or 7 times. Not a very good investment!.

With the GX, we decided to skip the rear entertainment system and get a portable DVD player with a strap thingy that hooks onto the two front seats and suspends between them. At around $300 it was a great solution and saved a lot of money. Heck, you could buy 8 of them for the cost of your build in system! Also, they can be used outside the car. I guess if your kids are really little, and/or will watch a lot, the built in system would be easier to deal with.

Hello !

Well.... it is OVER.

I drove home our brand new GX 470 (NAV/ML, RSES, Cargo Mat, etc.), what a vehicle !!!. Only thing missing when I had time to really go through: the remote for the RSES... called the dealer and they will take care of it.

We really had a hard time deciding between an Ash Blue Mica + Sports Package (KDSS) and a Titanium Metallic... finally the latter won (did not like the black motive in the interior of the one with the sports package).

I had a great buying experience at Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont (CA).

Thanks also for the feedback, this is a great forum !!

Hi all,

Thanks !

Just a thought, but you may want to consider portable DVD players.

In my last SUV I was forced to buy the rear entertainment because it was the only way I could get NAV. We only let the kids use it on long trips, so it got used around 6 or 7 times. Not a very good investment!.

With the GX, we decided to skip the rear entertainment system and get a portable DVD player with a strap thingy that hooks onto the two front seats and suspends between them. At around $300 it was a great solution and saved a lot of money. Heck, you could buy 8 of them for the cost of your build in system! Also, they can be used outside the car. I guess if your kids are really little, and/or will watch a lot, the built in system would be easier to deal with.