"chirp" Noise From Inside Cabin

I used to notice a subtle and not too loud chirp coming from somewhere inside the car (I suppose the dashboard area) almost everytime I'd start it up. But lately I'm hearing it when I stop at a light (usually after coming off the freeway) - but it only happens every now and then. A "chirp" is the best I can describe it. It never does it more than once at a time. It's not something you'd hear with the radio on.

Has anybody else been getting this noise? What is it?

BTW, it's definately not a squeak of any kind. It sounds electronic.

Thats not too distinct to be honest. Thats kinda hard to diagnose. Does it sound like its absolutely coming from the inside or the maybe the outside? If you hear something more than a few times you may not just be hearing things. :whistles: Just joking around.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 03' SC430 and I'm hearing that noise 1 month after I

bought the car from the dealer. The dealer mechanics told me

that it is the sound of ABS, but I've never heard any sound to

my previous older Lexus. It's annoying having to hear that

when the car is only 40K miles.

Can anyone please help and provide some insights?

I"m so upset now and thinking about taking the car

to multiple Lexus dealers.

Thanks

Thats not too distinct to be honest. Thats kinda hard to diagnose. Does it sound like its absolutely coming from the inside or the maybe the outside? If you hear something more than a few times you may not just be hearing things.:whistles: Just joking around.

Well, it certainly sounded like it was coming from inside the cabin. But now that I've replaced my alternator and p.s. pump I don't recall hearing it again. humph :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

strange that those particular changes in ur car made it go away, i would have not suspected those to be the problem

but hell, if it works :-P

Dhoe!! :blink: I spoke too soon. I just heard it again yesterday. This is probably just going to be one of those things that never gets resolved. The sound doesn't seem to be linked to anything I do or that the car does. In which case, it's not something I can take to the dealer and reproduce for them to listen to. It's happened while standing still, and while in motion. I never hear it with the radio on (sound is too low to hear with music on). It doesn't even happen every time i'm in the car. on average, it's about once a week.

Oh well. Nothing seems to be wrong, so I won't sweat it.