Anti Theft System 1997 E300

delwatson68

I have read in a Haynes manual that if you disconnect the negative battery lead (for maintenance) then re-connect, you have to enter a security code into the stereo to get it functioning again. There is no mention of this in the owners manual, therefore nothing regards factory code/master reset ( i have no documentation regards a preset code when new/previous owner. Any ideas?

I have read in a Haynes manual that if you disconnect the negative battery lead (for maintenance) then re-connect, you have to enter a security code into the stereo to get it functioning again. There is no mention of this in the owners manual, therefore nothing regards factory code/master reset ( i have no documentation regards a preset code when new/previous owner. Any ideas?

If you need the 4 digit code If my memory serves me it is the last 4 digits of your key code, Or it is the last 4 digits of the vin #. The security code is for the owner to enter and change, It is not factory set. 99.9% of all stereo's do not have a code in place. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

If you need the 4 digit code If my memory serves me it is the last 4 digits of your key code, Or it is the last 4 digits of the vin #. The security code is for the owner to enter and change, It is not factory set. 99.9% of all stereo's do not have a code in place. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

Thanks! I was planning some extensive maintenance (only had the car 2 months) and didn't want to go through dealership drama.