Baby Seat For 2006 Sc430

nordy

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

We just purchased a SC430 and are having trouble deciding the best forward facing car seat. Anyone had any luck finding a good fit? What brand and model?

I'm also looking for the same for my Lexus SC430. Have you been able to find a forward facing baby car seat? Thanks, -Rich

We just purchased a SC430 and are having trouble deciding the best forward facing car seat. Anyone had any luck finding a good fit? What brand and model?

I'm also looking for the same for my Lexus SC430. Have you been able to find a forward facing baby car seat? Thanks, -Rich

We ended up using the one we had because there wasn't anything smaller we could find. The only problem is that, even without the baby being in the seat, the seat makes the passenger sit very upright and cannot put the seat all the way back. This doen't work very well when I am the passenger because I am over 6 feet tall. The great thing about having my son in the car in his car seat is that I can reach right over to him when I am driving. He seems like he is sitting directly beside me. He really enjoys that and riding around with the top down. It is not the best use for my wife and I, but I guess that's not really what the car was made for. It is great that they did put the latches on the seats for the car seat straps to hook to.

We ended up using the one we had because there wasn't anything smaller we could find. The only problem is that, even without the baby being in the seat, the seat makes the passenger sit very upright and cannot put the seat all the way back. This doen't work very well when I am the passenger because I am over 6 feet tall. The great thing about having my son in the car in his car seat is that I can reach right over to him when I am driving. He seems like he is sitting directly beside me. He really enjoys that and riding around with the top down. It is not the best use for my wife and I, but I guess that's not really what the car was made for. It is great that they did put the latches on the seats for the car seat straps to hook to.

What car seat model are you using? Thanks, -Rich

• 3 years later...

I just purchased a 2007 SC430 and searched for days for a good fit car seat and tried various ones out. I finally found a compact carseat called COMBI at Walmart.com and at Amazon.com. COMBI was a perfect fit. I one for my 2 year old and one for my 6 mos old. They are a really good fit and I'm actually comfortable driving and the passenger if comfortable as well... It's still not a long trip arrangement, but still perfect for zipping around town and daycare trips. I'm still excited to have found these perfect light weight and compact carseats. TAX-DIVA

I just purchased a 2007 SC430 and searched for days for a good fit car seat and tried various ones out. I finally found a compact carseat called COMBI at Walmart.com and at Amazon.com. COMBI was a perfect fit. I one for my 2 year old and one for my 6 mos old. They are a really good fit and I'm actually comfortable driving and the passenger if comfortable as well... It's still not a long trip arrangement, but still perfect for zipping around town and daycare trips. I'm still excited to have found these perfect light weight and compact carseats. TAX-DIVA

• 7 months later...

All,

I had been looking for a while for a car seat for my 2003 SC430 and even spoke to my Lexus dealer (who claimed to look high and low for a car seat) as well as a few on-line car seat providers that also could not find a car seat for the car.

I eventually also came across the Combi Coccorro which I thought I'd take a chance with. Other people with small cars claimed that it was a life saver, so I bought it.

Item At Amazon

Well, I'm thrilled to say that it seems to work perfectly! Interestingly, I knew the car had LATCH in the back seat because I had put a base in the car when the baby was smaller. But I couldn't find the "upper LATCH" until I brought it to a place to help me install it. Turns out that there IS a LATCH connector on the back side of the headrest which allows for a very good fit.

Here's a picture of my happy son riding in "Daddy's Car"...

Happy Boy In Car Seat

Only downside is that the seat only supports children up to 40 pounds, so I may only get 6-9 months out of this (he's a big boy), but the idea was to help my wife so she wouldn't have to take him all the time to day care.

Good luck all.

Thanks,

Eric